+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

Restoration phase one. Tops and sides, I mixed colour matched filler and mended dinged corners and edges, plus panel scrapes. Will dry overnight for a rub down tomorrow, then I'll do the bottoms.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Is that a ikea lack table in the background, Geoff?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Is that a ikea lack table in the background, Geoff?

S.
    I think so. It certainly 'Lacks' any quality.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

How are the speaker cabs coming along Geoff?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    How are the speaker cabs coming along Geoff?
    I'll show some photos once the cabs are ready for colouring and polishing Paul.

I'm Geoff.

Right, some progess.

Didn't get anything done last week, was a bit under the weather. Now the cabinets have had the veneered faces largely repaired, it took a lot of prep and sanding. I'm finishing the bottoms first as they are the worst.

The one to the left has just had the first coat of satin finish, it's patchy but will be perfect once completed. The one to the right awaits a final brief rub down before it gets a coat, it actually looks better than the left one did. At least the gouges and dings are far less visible.

I'm Geoff.

First coat on No.2 base. Yes patchy again and the marks still slightly visible, the camera flash is enhancing them, they don't show much in normal light. These cabinets are actually no worse than my last Tannoys and those looked beautiful by the time I'd finished. I'll let these dry properly overnight now before doing more.

I'm Grant.

Look OK for first coat
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Definately better than before.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    Definately better than before.
    Well they're coming along now. I've done this kind of restoration a good few times and they will look fine eventually, although it would probably have been just as easy to reveneer the cabs.

A bit more rubbing down and polishing later today and I may post another photo or two.

The real fun starts once I have these boxes finished. I have to alter the baffles to accept ports instead of the original ABR, whip the drivers out of the scruffy Tannoy Ascot donor speakers, recone them to (modified) SRM10B spec and install them in these cabs along with re-capped crossovers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast