+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 117 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Martin.

You know I've never owned any NAD equipment. Don't know how I've managed to avoid it. Or why. When I've heard it elsewhere it always sounds good.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

The only NAD unit I owned for a while was a rare 524 CD player. A nice sounding unit that I kept for a few years. I recently obtained a 1020 pre-amp for much the same reason as the soon to arrive 312 integrated. It's something to play about with .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Never underestimate some of the NAD stuff.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Weird. I was trying out the newly arrived NAD 312 amp on vinyl. The old Thorens TD150 sounds really good, whereas the Pioneer PL-12D is crap! Both using supposedly identical (and equally vintage) Shure M75ED cartridges. I suspect the stylus in the PL-12D may be a bit tired, although it does look OK, I'll swap them over and see.

The NAD 312 by the way, sounds remarkably good with my Meridian 507 CD player.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

maybe the cart geoff?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    maybe the cart geoff?
    Yeah, I reckon so Grant. I'll dig out a spare stylus or cart (got loads ), I know the PL-12D can sound much better than this.

I'm Martin.

Why not just swap the stylus over from the one on the Thorens?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Why not just swap the stylus over from the one on the Thorens?
    I said that in post 934 .

I'm Shane.

Looks like another Naim killer has walked into Geoff's life

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

It's back! My Raphaelite 6V6 valve amp. Sold to a mate some time ago, but he never used it so I got it back. I parted with it 'cos the big Tannoys needed more grip, but they are now gone and I have plans for the 6V6, driving tweeters only in my next set-up, the treble quality is fantastic. The 6V6 valve is not seen often in Hi-Fi amps, but it is highly regarded for use in guitar amps.

Also, I've started refurbishing the case on a scruffy and battered Quad 306 power amp.

It's coming along well. First coat of primer is on now and will be followed by gunmetal grey metallic and a couple of coats of lacquer.

The front panel was very chipped, but I've colour matched it and touched in by hand and it looks great.

(and in case anybody is wondering, yes, I have renamed this thread, it was called 'Whatever Next?')

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 117 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast