+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Grant.

Sure you could buy something prettier and in a suitable colour easily enough...try a stationary shop on ebay or amazon.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Sure you could buy something prettier and in a suitable colour easily enough...try a stationary shop on ebay or amazon.
    It's all in hand! A few other little tricks to try yet. I also want to get the gauze dust caps out without marking the cones.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just experimenting. This has had a very noticeable effect.

Basically, it's the sticky strips cut off grey 'Post It Notes' and stuck on the cones at angles. Easily removed. It has definitely killed some of the plastic cone signature tonality. This is just to get a measure of what effects can be obtained. I have ideas about peelable rubber paint too.
    Copydex was always a favourite of mine for cones.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Copydex was always a favourite of mine for cones.
    Copydex is similar to silicone rubber, in that it does not offer great damping, although it will add mass. Polyprop and Ployurethane compounds seem better.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Current SUT line up:

Left to right, Luxman AD8000/8020, Art Audio pair, Osawa OS-100T, Fidelity Research FRT-3

Each sounds excellent, but the collection has to be thinned. The Art Audio are being sold I expect, dunno why really, they sound as good as the others and are very quiet, no hint of hum. The Osawa is staying. It's the rarest and sounds superb. The Luxman I'm just getting used to, but it's promising. As for the FRT-3. It sounds great and I'm rather fond of it. Bit of a dilemma really.

I'm Geoff.

Changed my mind about the Art Audio SUTs. I've decided to hang on to them. I've been using them again and realise how good they are. Very quiet, nice open and solid sound and smooth at the top.

I may have a speaker renovation/modification project to bung on here in a couple of weeks. My workshop is halfway through a five year overdue sort out, so I'll have room to set up all the equipment and do some interesting stuff!

I'm Shane.

Sometimes I miss hearing your lovely system, Geoff.

Might come down to West London, sometime next year for a dew days. Wouldn't mind seeing those corner speakers!

S.

I'm Geoff.

Whoopee! I love it when a plan comes together.

My latest Tannoy purchase is the Ascots and although I've had a little playing around with damping the cone, ideally paper pulp replacement cones were what I had in mind.

So, what do we have here? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2718695359...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just bought. A pair of SRM 10B cones in what looks like very nice condition. To be dispatched to me in a couple of weeks after I return from a break.

Once I get these fitted there should be a big transformation in the sound. I was very lucky to find a low resonance rubber roll surround set, they are rare. Most 10" Tannoy cones on eBay have the hard corrugated edge.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Sometimes I miss hearing your lovely system, Geoff.

Might come down to West London, sometime next year for a dew days. Wouldn't mind seeing those corner speakers!

S.
    You're welcome any time Shane.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Whoopee! I love it when a plan comes together.

My latest Tannoy purchase is the Ascots and although I've had a little playing around with damping the cone, ideally paper pulp replacement cones were what I had in mind.

So, what do we have here? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2718695359...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just bought. A pair of SRM 10B cones in what looks like very nice condition. To be dispatched to me in a couple of weeks after I return from a break.

Once I get these fitted there should be a big transformation in the sound. I was very lucky to find a low resonance rubber roll surround set, they are rare. Most 10" Tannoy cones on eBay have the hard corrugated edge.
    look the business and a good price too. Nice to see a man who knows what he's doing
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast