+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1166

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

Well I have a variety Shane, but the current rig is driving two pairs of Corellis in parallel and sounding surprisingly good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

You gravitate to the Corellis a lot. I remember you having a pair a few years back.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well I have a variety Shane, but the current rig is driving two pairs of Corellis in parallel and sounding surprisingly good.
    Geoff, how are you managing impedance between your NAD and your double Kefs? My understanding is the NAD is (nominally) rated at 8Ω and the KEFs also (nominally) at 8Ω. However running the Kefs in parallel brings the impendence load to 4Ω. But perhaps my understanding is wrong. Or perhaps the NAD can dip way below 8Ω temporally and/or you are not playing music very loud with lots of bass such that the load presented to the NAD is very benign in practice.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Yes, it becomes a nominal 4 ohm load. The NAD should cope just fine.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Old school NADs are in the ranks of the few budget amps that don't mind low impedance/reactive loads. Within reason anyway.

The 3020 was still fairy acceptable into 2 ohm.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Another toy. Yamaha TX-480L AM/FM/LW tuner. Only a cheapie, but nice to use and sounds very good on FM. I like the combination of scanning via knob (on auto) and pre-sets. That's 3 tuners I have now .

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Another toy. Yamaha TX-480L AM/FM/LW tuner. Only a cheapie, but nice to use and sounds very good on FM. I like the combination of scanning via knob (on auto) and pre-sets. That's 3 tuners I have now .

Beginner - I have seven! But I agree with you, the combination of tuning with a rotary knob and then being able to store the stations as pre-sets is perfect.
    Barry

I'm Dan.

Niccccccccccce
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Front Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Rear Satellite Loudspeakers
    Wharfedale DX 1

I'm Geoff.

Just a bit of fun.

Second system set up to try in the living room. Panasonic DVD-S38 DVD player used as CD player and TPA 3116 D Class mini amp driving Ruark Swordsman speakers on stands.

Sounding way better than I expected, very decent sound.

I'm Shane.

Nice neat system.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread