+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1166

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Wise move Geoff. I don't think the TP13 arm is up to the likes of an ADC (10E ?) cartridge.
    I have used the 10E Mk.IV in what would seem to be heavier than optimal arms successfully. I do have other suitable armboards and lower mass arms though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

After the Pioneer PD-S505 Precision CD player (seemingly) let me down, I bunged the Trichord Research Digital Turntable transport into the system with the trusty little V-DAC and it's sounding really fine. Stupid thing is, I had the same non-reading of discs as I'd had with the PD-S505................. it was a dud CD! Talk about overlooking the obvious!! Anyway, I'll reassemble the PD-S505 and test it with another disc, bet it'll be fine. I have to say, I've never had a CD that wouldn't play at all before.

Yes, I know it all needs a dust and polish .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well this is remarkably good.

Shure M75ED cartridge in my TD150 II, fitted with a very rare NOS Goldring M75E stylus. Yes, that's right, Goldring made replacement styli for Shure cartridges for a while and this one is unused (until now). I expect it to be every bit as good as the Shure original, it's sounding truly fine.
    The humble M75 is my favourite Shure cartridge. I sold both my M95 and my V15-III but kept the M75.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    The humble M75 is my favourite Shure cartridge. I sold both my M95 and my V15-III but kept the M75.
    I wouldn't mind an M91ED to go with it.

I'm Pavel.

I wouldn't mind an M91ED to go with it.
    Literally the same thing in a different plastic shroud... The old M75-6S (with the metal clip mount) is the best M75 to have because it accepts both M75 and M91 styli. The part that goes inside the cartridge body is the same on both M75 and M91 styli, it's only the shape of the plastic grip that's different.

I'm Geoff.

I had several M91ED's years ago and loads of the M75 variants. I just fancied another M91ED to round off the (modest) collection.

I'm Steve.

After the Pioneer PD-S505 Precision CD player (seemingly) let me down, I bunged the Trichord Research Digital Turntable transport into the system with the trusty little V-DAC and it's sounding really fine. Stupid thing is, I had the same non-reading of discs as I'd had with the PD-S505................. it was a dud CD! Talk about overlooking the obvious!! Anyway, I'll reassemble the PD-S505 and test it with another disc, bet it'll be fine. I have to say, I've never had a CD that wouldn't play at all before.

Yes, I know it all needs a dust and polish .
    Perhaps the CD needed a dust & polish too. I had a mate who swore by T-cut for his scratched discs. Though I suggested he not leave them unboxed on the floor for his kids to walk on...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

we used tcut and similar in the industry.. we had hundreds of cd jukes and they can be hard on cds at times.. tcut etc, and my preference was the wadding version fixed 95% of them
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Perhaps the CD needed a dust & polish too
    It is mint. I'll be having another look at it though.

I'm Shane.

What speakers are you using now, Geoff?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread