+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 117 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1166

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Resolutely back in the early 1980s there Geoff. Like it.
    Yeah, got the trusty Pioneer PD-S505 Precision feeding it all and sounding super as always. This little lot could embarrass some seriously good systems.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

Those Correllis look pretty good. Grills as well? Will you do a recap?

It was you Geoff that encouraged and helped me in restoring the ones I picked up for £14.50. Really glad I did and you are right that they beat many other speakers.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

Nice speaks those.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Will you do a recap?
    Already done Edward. The previous owner (my buddy) did them.

If you still have yours, try and find a NAD 3130 amp to drive them. It's a great match!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nice speaks those.
    They'll be even better once I've given the cabinets a tart up .

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Already done Edward. The previous owner (my buddy) did them.

If you still have yours, try and find a NAD 3130 amp to drive them. It's a great match!
    Yes I bet a NAD 3130 would be a great match. Back in the late 70s I had a NAD 3120 driving Leak 3030s. Nice memories.

Yep still have the KEF Correllis.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Another phono stage on the way, Cambridge Audio 'Azure' 640P. I already have three phono stages, but always had a soft spot for these since my last one years ago. They sound way better than the modest prices would imply, I also thought it sounded decent on MC, despite what others said.

download high res from instagram

I'm Geoff.

Well this is remarkably good.

Shure M75ED cartridge in my TD150 II, fitted with a very rare NOS Goldring M75E stylus. Yes, that's right, Goldring made replacement styli for Shure cartridges for a while and this one is unused (until now). I expect it to be every bit as good as the Shure original, it's sounding truly fine.

I'm Geoff.

Er?

I'm Shane.

You need help man

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread