+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 117 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Now the bad news. Just unpacked a box that arrived today. Yes, it's another GL75 turntable. I warned the seller that they have a very fragile polystyrene lid that breaks easily, that should be removed and packed separately and that the platter should also be taken off, wrapped and placed under the plinth for transit. He obviously thought different. It has a busted lid, the platter is still attached, which luckily has not caused damage, but the bias weight had gone walkies. Dozy bastard. I'll be wanting some money back, maybe all of it. If he was in front of me I'd probably bust his hooter!!
    Thats a sin Mate... I know where you are as I got a lenco once and the guy did the same thing. he left the counter weight on and the whole back if the arm snapped off. I did repair it with a clever repair but it is damned annoying that folk cant do simple precautions to ensure a TT has a fair chance of survival
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Now the git is squirming after I told him of the problem. Says I have to take it up with the courier. Bollocks to him. I've told him if he doesn't cover the cost of replacement parts, it goes back and I'll want the cost of carriage both ways on top of the purchase cost. Cheeky bleeder, it's his fuck up!!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Contract with courier is with him...guilty as charged they will tell him it was badly packed...dont think they cover TT's as a rule anyways
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

If he continues arguing, I'll threaten to reverse the PayPal payment (which I can probably do), tell him I can claim carriage costs through the small claims court and tell him he'll have to arrange collection. He won't be happy!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Carriage should be in the paypal bill anyways. What was his rating?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Carriage should be in the paypal bill anyways. What was his rating?
    The carriage to here will be included, but the return, not. His rating is 100% from 85 transactions. It won't stay that way if he keeps this up! Seller is 'bowles7184'.

I'm Gary.

He similar schennanigans with the EBay seller I got my Densen Pre from...feel your pain Geoff.

Amp delivered with one of the big knobs broken off, seller did everything to make it my problem, I should take it up with Courier etc. It was obvious that the amp was packed damaged.

Rather than give myself the grief, I tried to work with the guy initially until it became obvious he was taking the piss.

I Asked for him to pay cost of repair....No, He wanted me to chase up the courier for compensation.
    He got arsey of course, and wanted me to take photographs of the box so he could claim back from the Courier BEFORE He stumped up for repair cost...
    The box, however, was perfect and he asked me to mess it up a bit for the photographs!
    Refused of course, estimated repair costs and eventually got him to stump up for them, but only because I said I'd reverse PayPal charge if we couldn't get it sorted.

He was on to plumbs getting anything from Courier and he covered the cost of my amp repair (and shipping to Denmark for my trouble), which was a fair outcome and justice was served.

Some folk mistake civility for stupidity and sometimes you get landed with these muppets Geoff.
    This is why I never PayPal Gift unless it's with someone I know and is discussed previously, you've no buyer protection.

Good luck with it mate, stick to your guns and don't give the bugger any ammunition.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Geoff.

Seems I now own four Lenco turntables, in various states of assembly and cosmetics, as I just bought a pretty manky GL68 for £11.50. It has decent control levers and armrest and the motor could be OK with a clean up. I think I can rescue the idler too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3614038129...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not heard back from the guy about the broken GL75 yet.

I'm Grant.

You cornering the market on these lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    You cornering the market on these lol
    To an extent .

I'm tempted to stock up a bit if something decent comes along cheaply. Prices are escalating steadily for whole TTs and bits. They'll be fetching double next year, wait and see. Could be a decent margin in it. Lencos are getting a bigger following in the last year or so. Deservedly so too. They're dead easy to maintain and modify and they sound absolutely first rate. Amongst the best sounding turntables ever made. Dead reliable too.

Daft really, I sold a GL75 minter for £28 about four years ago, that's what they were fetching! Not any more. I reckon you'll see good GL75/78s reaching £400 soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 117 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast