+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 117 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1166

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Had a few days to get familiarised with the R852's. I have to say, I rather like these. They're not the ultimate obviously, but if you'd bought new speakers for say £800 that sounded this good you wouldn't feel robbed.

Not surprised knowing of Robin Marshall (and having owned the 952s).

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

[QUOTE=walpurgis;1251597]Here's a link if anybody wants to try one, what is there to lose (apart from a fiver ).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-O...53.m2749.l2649

You'll have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive. Just listening to mine now .

I bought one of these a while ago and I am very impressed with its performance. I am running it from a super low noise 5V PSU I built with help from a poster in this forum. I prefer the coax input over the optical, not sure why, just I fell overall happier with the copper input. It may be lass fatiquing. At the moment it is running with the output from a Denon DVD player, through a Technics amp (modified to be a pre-amp) into a public address stereo power amp, this feeds a pair of KEF Reference 104ab speakers. It is great for rock, prog etc as they were designed to sound through a PA. Haven't tried it with classical yet. Oh! Great idea - I'll go listen to music!
    1984 was a warning - Not an instruction manual

I like (things) in brackets

I'm Geoff.

Something new to play with. Another vintage NAD amplifier, a 3130 integrated this time, in pretty decent looking nick and it's just arrived. These have a reputation for sounding good and delivering more wallop than the rated 30 watts might suggest. I'll wire it up later and check it out, it'll be interesting to see how the MC input fares.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

Repeat after me 'I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay!
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

3130 is good. And it looks like a proper stereo amplifier, not a faberge egg with dials.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    3130 is good.
    Blimey, you're right. First time I've heard this model, got it playing CDs now, seems very punchy and extremely transparent, good bass wallop! MC/MM input is fine too and it hasn't even warmed up yet.

Hard to believe an amp sounding this good can be picked up for peanuts! I thought the little NAD 312 I have sounded great, but this could have the edge. Must compare it with the 2150 power amp.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

In my limited experience all of the NAD designs have been very good. I think the reason why most of the models have slipped under the radar is due to their less than stylish cosmetics; which of course has no bearing on SQ whatsoever.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

As a brand they sort of dropped off the radar a bit after the turn of the century so maybe it's only us old boys who recall them in their heyday?

They've tested a few of the old models on ASR and they up there with Accuphase.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I also have a tidy NAD 1020 pre-amp that for some reason seems to be stuck at 1/3 max output. Something on the V/C side is shorting through I think. It's a toss-up between getting it sorted or selling 'as is', somebody would want it as they are hard to find now. May use a meter and see if I can figure what's what.

+ Reply to Thread