+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Martin.

Good-looking amp that Raphaelite.
    Current Lash Up:

*Audiolab 6000CDT* SoncozSGD1 * Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Good-looking amp that Raphaelite.
    You should hear it. It's even more mellifluous than the Quad II and that's saying something. A deeply flawed and ultra 'valvey' sound, but wonderful!
    The word is 'valves' in this country, not tubes. Tubes are what Smarties come in!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's back! My Raphaelite 6V6 valve amp. Sold to a mate some time ago, but he never used it so I got it back. I parted with it 'cos the big Tannoys needed more grip, but they are now gone and I have plans for the 6V6, driving tweeters only in my next set-up, the treble quality is fantastic. The 6V6 valve is not seen often in Hi-Fi amps, but it is highly regarded for use in guitar amps.

6V6 single ended, what is the output power Geoff?

Found it, 4W at less than 10% THD.
    Last edited by Firebottle; 20-09-2020 at 15:03. Reason: Found

I'm Geoff.

Yeah. 4 watts it is, not that you'd realise using it, there's no obvious shortage of power. It's only going to be driving tweeters initially, so more than enough. The tweeters will be vintage Japanese 10w horns made by Coral.

Now I have to decide on what power amp will be driving the bass drivers.
    Last edited by walpurgis; 20-09-2020 at 20:32.
    The word is 'valves' in this country, not tubes. Tubes are what Smarties come in!

I'm Geoff.

Quad 306 cosmetic restoration now finished. Case resprayed gunmetal metallic, battered front panel cooling fins touched in to match original colour, I had to mix to get the right colour. One new + speaker banana socket fitted. All looks really nice!

I'm Grant.

good job.. i like the 306
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. Errol Flynn

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Looks factory fresh. Tidy job.
    Current Lash Up:

*Audiolab 6000CDT* SoncozSGD1 * Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Shane.

Looking good, Geoff.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Sounding very good too .

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You should hear it. It's even more mellifluous than the Quad II and that's saying something. A deeply flawed and ultra 'valvey' sound, but wonderful!
    It defo looks nice, but the above doesn't compute with me, and qualifies as an oxymoron...

Glad you're enjoying it, though!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW18.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast