+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,016 of 1016

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Geoff.

Hmm, wonder what these little things will be like? Just bought a pair of Goodmans Maxim 2 speakers off ebay to play with. They were cheap and look mint in the photos. I know some members are rather fond of these, never heard any myself. They should be good for the second system.

Repeat after me 'I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I don't know about the Maxim 2 speakers, but the original Goodman Maxims are not well regarded amongst audio enthusiasts.

Interestingly the BBC assessed the Maxim as an alternative to the LS3/5.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I don't know about the Maxim 2 speakers, but the original Goodman Maxims are not well regarded amongst audio enthusiasts.
    Yes, I know Barry. I had several pairs and thought they were pretty useless.

The Maxim 2 is an entirely different speaker. They were well liked by Jerry at the Kegworth shindig a couple of years ago and (Adam) Beobloke, who's opinon I respect has praised them, so I thought I'd try them.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...goodmans+maxim
    Repeat after me 'I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes, I know Barry. I had several pairs and thought they were pretty useless.

The Maxim 2 is an entirely different speaker. They were well liked by Jerry at the Kegworth shindig a couple of years ago and (Adam) Beobloke, who's opinon I respect has praised them, so I thought I'd try them.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...goodmans+maxim
    I heard those at Kegworth, I think it was one of those 'suitcase challenge' set ups - not how I expected them to be, I would be happy with them in my 2nd system
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated. Audion Silver Night 300b stereo is enjoying a holiday
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

PROTECT your human rights and REFUSE any *MANDATORY* CARAMEL POPCORN and 7UP WITH YOUR JOINT!

I'm Geoff.

I'm looking forward to hearing them.

The bass/mids are of a series used by KEF, Monitor Audio and Heybrook amongst others by the look of them, so probably not bad. The tweeters are fairly ubiquitous, a type sold by Audax and other OEM providers.

I'm Shane.

Used to have a pair of original 1960s Maxims.

I'd rather have a 60 Bluetooth speaker over the old Maxim. Sounds a million times better too!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread