+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 117 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Deaf Row!

I'm Grant.

had a nad once.. looks fairly cheap but the money is spent inside. good value amps
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Well these won't be staying.

Cambridge Audio Aero 2 speakers. Bought out of curiosity, as I wanted to hear what a BMR equipped speaker could do. They do nothing wrong and seem to match the user and review impressions I've seen. Unfortunately I find them uninvolving, so they'll be going.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

Cambridge Audio Aero 2 speakers. Bought out of curiosity, as I wanted to hear what a BMR equipped speaker could do. They do nothing wrong and seem to match the user and review impressions I've seen. Unfortunately I find them uninvolving, so they'll be going.
    i take they are a type of full range thing?
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Unlike these, which will be staying.

Monitor Audio R852 MD. Arrived yesterday and sounding rather good. I'm familiar with these, heard them before and liked them a lot. They will get a rub down and re-finish, as somebody has tried to stain them in the past, We'll soon sort that!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i take they are a type of full range thing?
    Almost. The top unit is the BMR and crosses over from the bass driver at 250Hz.

I'm Lawrence.

Better than I expected.

Never been struck with the Musical Fidelity DACs I'd heard, but I though I'd try this little thing as it was reputed to be decent. It is!

Smooth, detailed and properly transparent. No nasties at all that I can detect from a couple of brief listens. It doesn't major on slam, but turn the volume up a bit and you don't notice. Pretty good, cheap too .
    I use one of them in my second system with a Maplin 12v LPSU. Very nice, the USB input is a bit dated though so I use a Jkenny converter.

It's fit and forget sonic wise which is what I want, no constantly thinking there's something not quite right about it.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Unlike these, which will be staying.

Monitor Audio R852 MD. Arrived yesterday and sounding rather good. I'm familiar with these, heard them before and liked them a lot. They will get a rub down and re-finish, as somebody has tried to stain them in the past, We'll soon sort that!
    Yes I imagine they will be nice, Robin Marshall design IIRC. I use to have the R952, really liked them at the time.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I use one of them in my second system with a Maplin 12v LPSU. Very nice, the USB input is a bit dated though so I use a Jkenny converter.

It's fit and forget sonic wise which is what I want, no constantly thinking there's something not quite right about it.
    Yes, it's doing a decent job.

Mind you, I put my Monarchy Audio M22C DAC back into the system last night for the first time in years. That was a bit of a revelation!

I'm Grant.

Yes, it's doing a decent job.

Mind you, I put my Monarchy Audio M22C DAC back into the system last night for the first time in years. That was a bit of a revelation!
    monarchy dac was a nice thing, along with the dip.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

nearly bought some a few times just out of curiosity. On paper they should be good. Maybe they could have used a tweeter and leave the BMR as a midrange driver? There would still be the benefit of the low crossover point.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread