+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 45 years old tape

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    What recording chain did you use for the transcription, Alex ?
    I thought it sounded bloody good - any chance of some more ?

Chris
    Hi Chris,

It is a simplest chain - from TC765 directly into my heavily modified RME Digi 96/8 PAD. No processing. The tape is very good for its age and TC765 sounds very good too. I have few more 7.5 ips pre-recorded reels and about 20 at 3.75 ips speed, some of these surprisingly good. I am not uploading full tracks as I am not sure about copyright issues - only fragments as samples.

DaveK - It appears that many people were trying to download this file so my provider couldn't cope - yesterday it was over 1.2 GB of downloads. Please try again, if it fails I can send the file on a CD, just PM me your address. Another option would be to put it on RapidShare.

Alex

I'm Confused.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Nikitin View Post
    Hi Chris,
    DaveK - It appears that many people were trying to download this file so my provider couldn't cope - yesterday it was over 1.2 GB of downloads. Please try again, if it fails I can send the file on a CD, just PM me your address. Another option would be to put it on RapidShare.

Alex
    Hi Alex,
    Thanks for that - I'll be a little more persistant and if I still get continually bounced out I'll be back in touch.
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Hi Alex,
    Thanks for that - I'll be a little more persistant and if I still get continually bounced out I'll be back in touch.
    Cheers,
    Just in case - here is a RapidShare link.

Alex

I'm Confused.

Thumbs up

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for the RapidShare link, it worked perfectly. The Satchmo track is great - very enjoyable - keep up the good work.
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice work, Alex

DaveK - It appears that many people were trying to download this file so my provider couldn't cope - yesterday it was over 1.2 GB of downloads.
    This gives you an idea of how many hits the forum gets daily from both members and lurkers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nick.

Thanks Alex - I'd not had a chance to download it and check it out yet
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Alex.

I've removed the file from my site and left it only on RapidShare.

Alex

I'm Alex.

Here is another example - the same song played back on two different R2R decks. Original pre-recorded reel from 60-s, slow 3.75 ips speed.

Deck 1

Deck 2

Each file is about 42 Mb, zipped WAV, 96 kHz 24 bit mono.

Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12