+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The best IC in the World! My Audio Design Diamond Signature

Default Reply to Mr. Alex UK

I think you should really have a trial on them, I agree with you the Queen is not cheap £1299 0.5m and £2k 1m. But they are only one tenth of the price of Nordost Odin. In fact Roy Gregory once said I priced everthing too cheap. Other than the Silver Series, we have the Super Pure Litz Series only start from £69.99, and they are hand crafted with the best British craftsmanship as the top of the range models. http://www.madengland.com/catalog.interconnect.php
    Last edited by MAD; 06-09-2009 at 11:27.
    JJ

My Audio Design
    E-mail: sales@madengland.com
    Tel: 07782 137 868

Default Reply to Mike Homar

Yes, you can try one and we give you 45 days money back guarantee. http://www.shop.madengland.com/shop/...3DICWIFE-05%26
    Let's see what Mr. Grove says:

Dear Sir,

Your Diamond Signature cable arrives this morning. Although it's only had 8
    hours to 'burn in', it is already very apparent that this is an exceptional cable. I've auditioned several silver cables in the past- these include Kimber KCAG, Stereovox, Neotech and the Cryo Reference from Missing Link- all fabulous cables in their own right but I've never been impressed enough overall to keep them. Sure, they've all sounded detailed and transparent with impressive high frequency reproduction but they all appealed to the intellect rather than the emotion of the music- consequently I've always gone back to copper cables- preferring it's warmth but missing that lovely 'hear through' character of silver.

It strikes me vividly that the Diamond Signature does everything that a silver cable should do but without sacrificing that all important visceral quality of good copper cables. It is, without doubt, the best silver cable I have heard. Interestingly, I think it shares a very similiar presentation to the excellent Paris interconnect- they seem to share similar musical DNA despite the difference in the metallurgy. The Paris is oustanding but the Diamond Signature is exceptional.

I would have very happily kept the Paris but having heard it's silver brother, I've got to keep the Diamond Signature I will return the Paris by special delivery tomorrow.

N Groves

Manchester

http://www.madengland.com/reviews.ph...ey=25&act=view
    Last edited by MAD; 06-09-2009 at 11:26.
    JJ

My Audio Design

Smile Reply to Dave K

Hi Dave,

I cannot speak on behalf of David on your comment, I think that just a kind of expression of his experience, perhaps reading the whole review in context will answer your question. Let's go to get a copy of Hi-Fi World to find out more.
    Last edited by MAD; 06-09-2009 at 13:15.
    JJ

My Audio Design

Default Reply to Marco

Hi Marco,

That's a good idea! What are you suggesting?
    JJ

My Audio Design

Default Reply to Beresford

Thanks for your compliment and I am pleased that our daughters (MAD Cables) getting on well with your sons (Beresford DACs). Oh no! My cables have male plugs and your dac are ............. Ha ha.... It is a big honour of receiving praise from a big inventor like you! Thanks!
    JJ

My Audio Design

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    I must say that they are indeed the best I have actually parted money for in the last few years.
    Stan
    Hi Stan,
    I take it from this that you may have been given some better ones then?
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

One tenth the price of Odin is still 100 times more than Mark Grant's offerings...

It's all a matter of perspective!

I thought litz style weaving gave high capacitance, not something desirable in any cable unless it's to assist in optimising loads for cartridges etc...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Hi Stan,
    I take it from this that you may have been given some better ones then?
    Cheers,
    I know quality when I see it, and had no reason to refrain from paying. I drove through two hours of traffic just to get to the MAD office and back in order to personally see them first.
    I haven't got the top of the range version though. Even the level entry ones were outstanding enough for me. A worthwhile investment in terms of interconnects. I can't speak highly enough about them.

Stan
    Last edited by StanleyB; 06-09-2009 at 15:07.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I thought litz style weaving gave high capacitance, not something desirable in any cable unless it's to assist in optimising loads for cartridges etc...
    They also say that the bumblebee shouldn't have been able to fly, or the colibri to flap its wings at 200 times a second..

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    One tenth the price of Odin is still 100 times more than Mark Grant's offerings...

It's all a matter of perspective!

We are talking about completely different thing, One tenth of Odin's price is our top of the range Diamond Silver 99.9997% cable, and they are not Litz!
    Moreover, our SPL range are not normal Litz wire, instead of Canare we use Cardas, The patented technologies being use are called 'Golden Section' & ‘Constant Q U.S Patent 4628151 & 4980517), this approach uses multi conductors arranged in a helical triad of quad-axial planetary arrays. This arrangement conforms to the golden ratio and creates constant Q conductors. It eliminates resonant multiples in conductors mathematically. The musical presentation produced by this arrangement is well balanced and rounded. Super high purity 99.99997% cooper wire is used, and each strand is extruded and polished from a special Diamond Die, and individually insulated with a specially-formulated enamel in nitrogen atmosphere, to eliminate corrosion oxidation and contamination during the manufacturing process.

After a lengthy extrusion process, the cables are arranged in Golden Section Stranding and sheathed with Teflon dielectric to ensure the highest quality sound reproduction. The RCA phono plugs on our cables are low-mass connectors designed to minimize mechanical vibration. Even our entry level cables are terminated with professional grade gold-plated connectors, and the Paris are terminated with high end non-magnetic, Eutectic Brass connectors with Rodium/Gold over Silver Plating to ensure the best possible conductivity. All connectors are hand soldered using Cardas Tri-Eutectic Silver Solder.

We never listened to Mark Grant cables but I suppose it is a good one for it's price, I think it is more fair for you to compare QED and IXOS entry level stuff with the Mark Grant.

Our cable, even the Baby £69.99 can easily out perform cables doubled of it's price; why? We tested a couple hundred types of different conductors before we make ours. You should try one and it is only 3 times the price of the entry level Mark Grant cable. With 45 days guarantee you have nothing to lose.
    JJ

My Audio Design

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast