+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The best IC in the World! My Audio Design Diamond Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I thought you rather liked being shtrapped into your Pretty Polly hold-ups, Alex?

Anyway.... I haven't reached a conclusion yet, as the cables I got from JJ were too long (my fault), so this may or may not be causing an effect I'm hearing at the moment.

I'll be back though to report my thoughts when JJ sends me the revised lengths

Marco.
    Perhaps it would be interesting for you let us know your finding with the pairs of 2m long MAD cables this week. On the 31st, you can bring them along will you to the dinner and I will replace some shorter ones for you for further tests.

On the 31st Oct event, we can do a group blind test with different cables in different lengths. It would be good if someone can suggest a test structure.
    Perhaps we should consult hi-fi reviewer for method.

JJ

My Audio Design
    E-mail: sales@madengland.com
    Tel: 07782 137 868

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

How much is "too long?" A couple of metres here or there shouldn't have an effect, should it?

Even my home made cheap cables don't make any audible difference from 1 to 8m in length, but then again, you could argue that my stereo isn't good enough to hear these differences......
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I thought you rather liked being shtrapped into your Pretty Polly hold-ups, Alex?
    Well yes, but not on a Tuesday!

Anyway.... I haven't reached a conclusion yet, as the cables I got from JJ were too long (my fault), so this may or may not be causing an effect I'm hearing at the moment
    Like DSJR and indeed JJ has intimated, I doubt a cable difference of only a metre or so (we can't be talking much more, the 1/2 metre ones were initially too short I recall?) would make that much difference, if at all (to my ears, anyway!) But then you know your system better than we do, so your call I guess.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ChrisB.

Alex,

Surely you know by now - too long & they'll be touching the wall!!

Some of my days at college and uni were spent listening to female companions saying almost the same thing to me.

Default Reply to Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Some of my days at college and uni were spent listening to female companions saying almost the same thing to me.
    How long are you Stanley? It make me associate with one of the dishes last night. The vixxna slices!
    JJ

My Audio Design

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Steady......
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Default Hi Guys, all cables will be on dem on the 31st October 2009 event

Hey guys, you probably already know that we are going to have a MAD feast on the 31st October 2009 evening, but if you cannot make it in the evening and you're not too far from London, please come along in the afternoon for demo, we will be there after 1400. Please send me an e-mail admin@madengland.com if you are coming. Feel free to bring your own eqiuppments or cables along with you.cheers
    JJ

My Audio Design

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213