+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Sheffield, UK

I'm Chris.

Default Hello from Sheffield, UK

Hi ladies and gents,

I've been pointed towards this forum as I have some 15" Tannoy dual concentrics to sell. I'll make a thread about that elsewhere, though.

A little about me:
    I'm a student at the University of Sheffield, studying Physics.
    I'm also a part-time sound engineer, working with local bands. I have my own PA system, which is undergoing a transition at the moment...

- I've got a pair of EV Deltamaxes with Beyma 15P1200Nd drivers as midbasses, running up to 1kHz where the DH1a compression driver (which is a beast) takes over.
    - The Deltamaxes are big and heavy, so I'm heading towards 12" tops using Tannoy T12s with Fane Sov.Pro 12-500 midbasses, and the DH1a compression drivers again. I'd then use the Beyma drivers in subwoofers.
    I'll be DIYing some subwoofer cabinets for the Beymas.

My home setup is much more humble: a pair of Behringer B2031P monitors with a little DIY cube subwoofer with 2x JBL GTO1214. Samson Servo-550 on the Behringers, and C.Audio RA3001 bridged into the JBL subs wired in series for around 1.2kW. A speaker processor takes care of crossover and EQ duties.

I like a variety of music, from Barbara Bonney to Tori Amos, KT Tunstall, Barclay James Harvest, Santana (more specifically, the Supernatural album), Dire Straits, and then there's a jump to Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, with a little dubstep thrown in.

I also really like this, but its pretty much the only decent track they do (IMHO):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2SXrM8vb8g">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2SXrM8vb8g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I'm Martin.

Hi Chris and welcome to AoS

Let me know about your Tannoys I am toying with the idea of getting some

Cheers

Mart
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Hi Chris and welcome to AoS

Let me know about your Tannoys I am toying with the idea of getting some

Cheers

Mart
    Are you joining the club Martin?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread