+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: IanMac Bearing

I'm Ian.

Matt, Ive sent you a PM
    Technics 1200 tweaked,Ianmac Bearing,DACT DIY Phono Pre, Belcanto CD-2, Engineered Switzerland DIY Renderer, Benchmark DAC2, Hypex NCore, ATC SCM40
    2nd system --Engineered Switzerland DIY streamer, Sony CDP11,Topping D50 DAC, Hypex NCore. Kef 1point2 speakers. Ianmac Filters

I'm Clive.

I have an original bearing which to the best of my knowledge is in A1 condition. Swapped out when I got a Mike New bearing about 4 yrs ago. PM me if interested.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Ian.

Thanks Clive Ill take it.

I have been looking around to see if I could find any new bearings, so far Ive found one and at a price I didnt like. Looks like Panasonic have cleaned out their stock. Kabusa in the states are also saying the bearings are no longer available.

I have been considering modding bearings supplied by members, which is where we started a few years ago, and the post from Matt prompted me to make some decisions.

Im away next week on hols so Im going to find some thinking time and see what options are available to us.
    Intention is to replicate what I have been doing

Ill post when I get back
    Technics 1200 tweaked,Ianmac Bearing,DACT DIY Phono Pre, Belcanto CD-2, Engineered Switzerland DIY Renderer, Benchmark DAC2, Hypex NCore, ATC SCM40
    2nd system --Engineered Switzerland DIY streamer, Sony CDP11,Topping D50 DAC, Hypex NCore. Kef 1point2 speakers. Ianmac Filters

I'm gerald.

I have a good used bearing spare if that`s any help Ian

I'm Mike.

I should have one as well, Can't remember if I've given it away already, I'll have a hunt for it tonight.

I'm Ian.

Thanks all,
    Im in a very wet Northumberland till next Wednesday Ill make contact when i get back.
    Going through the kabusa website they indicate that the tonearm/ bearing assembly for the old models are no longer available but the tonearm assmly from the new ones fit the old model but at a very serious price.
    Keep old arms/ assemblies etc if you have fitted new arms

I'm Robert.

Hi Ian
    Sorry to hear of your health problems. It's been quite some time since I've posted here. Glad to hear that the mending process is going well and your back in action. Just wanted to let you know that I"m still enjoying the modified bearing I received from you a little over 2 years ago. I'll always be grateful for your help with the mods to the regulators on the board. Your explanations and precise drawings gave me the confidence to modify the board. I enjoy using the turntable almost every day. I ended up also building a Pass Pearl 2 phono preamp that I love. Again, just wanted to Thank You again for your work on the bearing and all your help with the regulator mods. Good luck with all the projects you have lined up. Best Wishes, Bob

I'm Ian.

Have contacted those with bearings available and looking at making a small batch for fellow forum members, particularly those I promised bearings before I went out of commision.
    The number I can make will be dependant on the good bearings I can find, hopefully again from forum members. I will consider modifying a donor bearing.
    I have some new tooling to purchase before I can start machining but will keep all posted re progress.
    Ian

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianmac View Post
    Have contacted those with bearings available and looking at making a small batch for fellow forum members, particularly those I promised bearings before I went out of commision.
    The number I can make will be dependant on the good bearings I can find, hopefully again from forum members. I will consider modifying a donor bearing.
    I have some new tooling to purchase before I can start machining but will keep all posted re progress.
    Ian
    Good to hear
    Regards Neil

I'm Ian.

Diviy
    Sent you a PM your inbox is full
    Ian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast