+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: IanMac Bearing

I'm David.

Just received my Ianmac bearing!

20200801_074010.jpg

I'm Johnny.

I have an SP-25 bearing that I would like to have you rebuild.
    I would donate another for you to pass on to another customer if you are interested.
    Thank you

I'm Ian.

Havent seen an SP25 but what I read indicates that its the same as a 1200 in the motor and bearing arena. If it is, I can help you.
    Ill do some more research and drop you a PM to morrow.
    Ian
    Technics 1200 tweaked,Ianmac Bearing,DACT DIY Phono Pre, Belcanto CD-2, Engineered Switzerland DIY Renderer, Benchmark DAC2, Hypex NCore, ATC SCM40
    2nd system --Engineered Switzerland DIY streamer, Sony CDP11,Topping D50 DAC, Hypex NCore. Kef 1point2 speakers. Ianmac Filters

I'm Ian.

Have check my datsheets and the SP25 appears to use the same shaft assy as the 1200--SFMZQ20-01.
    Ive sent a PM
    Ian
    Technics 1200 tweaked,Ianmac Bearing,DACT DIY Phono Pre, Belcanto CD-2, Engineered Switzerland DIY Renderer, Benchmark DAC2, Hypex NCore, ATC SCM40
    2nd system --Engineered Switzerland DIY streamer, Sony CDP11,Topping D50 DAC, Hypex NCore. Kef 1point2 speakers. Ianmac Filters

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I would't put any value in spin down times they mean diddly squat! You'd hate the grease bearing in my KD-990
    Totally agree, I made my own bearing mod which was very similar looking to the Ianmac bearing.
    Thin sowing machine oil gave the longest run down times, but didn't sound the best, a slightly thicker oil was what sounded best, but ran down quicker.
    I can only guess that there was some viscous coupling going on.
    My current Techie based TT has a Grease bearing and not light Silicon Grease, I use Castrol LM. Couples the bearing better and gives the motor something to push against?

I'm Richard.

Default New bearing

I wish I'd come here first ,but

Hi Folks ,

I hope everyone is well in this crazy time ....

I'm wondering if any has bought and used the bearing uggrade from Funk Firm ? I've orderer and paid for one ,but having seen the quality of the "Boing Feet"
    alarm bells are going off . I can't find any drawings of how they are made and the materials used .

I read a few reviews but even they seem a liitle vague ..

Any happy customers out there ?

Hope I've posted this in the appropriate section ?

many thanks , Richard

I'm Sunil.

Would love to get my hands on a couple of ianmac bearings if they’re still available please ��������

I'm Mike.

Ian doesn’t make then any more as the price to buy the oem one is too dear to make modifications financially viable.

Best you can do is put a wanted advert up in the classifieds and see if anyone is selling.

I'm Sunil.

Ahh shame...thank you for the update. Guess I’ll have to try to mod one myself. I have an engineer guy who reckons he can make the bits. Has anyone else here tried to make one with success?

Sunil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627