+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Dubai!

I'm Kit.

Default Hi from Dubai!

Hi,

I'm here to try and learn a little more before buying my first valve/tube amp setup, it's unashamedly for the aesthetic appeal as a bedroom entertainment piece.... some might call that narcissistic but hey what to do

Expect some questions that will probably irritate you

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Hi,

I'm here to try and learn a little more before buying my first valve/tube amp setup, it's unashamedly for the aesthetic appeal as a bedroom entertainment piece.... some might call that narcissistic but hey what to do

Expect some questions that will probably irritate you
    Welcome Kit. hope you find out what you need to know. Plenty advice will be forthcoming if you open a thread in blank canvas on that subject. as for aesthetic appeal, I am sure Narcissus would approve, being glass
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Kit. Welcome to AOS.

A valve amp can look good, but in my book the sound comes first. You should be able to combine both requirements though, there's some lovely gear about.

We have areas covering every aspect of Hi-Fi, so have a look around and post any questions in the appropriate section or if unsure, in Blank Canvas.

What will the rest of your system consist of? If you're permanently in Dubai, you may find it worth sourcing equipment from the far east or Australia.

Tell us what music you like.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Kit.

Haha I love it! Narcissus would rock one for sure

Music wise, i'm 29 so I do listen to allot of deep house/chill-out/lounge music mostly in our bed room while studying for my ACCA for example but I also like a little jazz such as Stanley Clarke and blues depending on my mood.

I won't post here what i'm looking at so far but I will start a new thread in Blank Canvas as you prescribed.

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Kit.

Geoff.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Kit

Be aware of the fate of Narcissus - he fell in love with his reflection when looking in a pool, fell in and drowned!

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread