+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Parkie37's Audio Note System

I'm Geoff.

Not entirely sure what mine is either. He's a rescued dog too, came with the name Tippy and is a powerful 75 pound Lurcher of sorts. Very smart and very protective.

Finnegan looks a real rascal.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkie37 View Post
    I replied to your post below. Forgot to hit the 'reply with quote'. Oops!

Here is my main listening buddy wondering what record we are going to play next...

Attachment 14362
    Ha ... cute mutt! I thought you Canadian types all had timber wolves for pets
    Oh, and the amp ain't bad either. I owned the basic version of the Meishu for a short while, but sold it in a hurry to part-fund my current turntable. Should have hung on to it, as later I got a pair of nicely built E kit-speakers, which are still doing duty in the living room system.

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    Ha ... cute mutt! I thought you Canadian types all had timber wolves for pets
    Oh, and the amp ain't bad either. I owned the basic version of the Meishu for a short while, but sold it in a hurry to part-fund my current turntable. Should have hung on to it, as later I got a pair of nicely built E kit-speakers, which are still doing duty in the living room system.
    Ha! Yes, somewhat like the lumberjack skit that Monty Python did! Actually this is my first small dog. Funny thing is that he has more attitude than all of my bigger dogs : )

I love your system. It looks not too different from my setup. My VPI dealer also sells Verdier, Clearaudio, Rega, Brinkmann as well as one or two more like Linn. I had a chance to listen to your table before bu yang the Classic 1, then later the 3. In Canada your table is almost twice the price of my Classic 3. For what it's worth my dealer said that adding a speed/voltage controller on your table took it to a new level. He also had a VERY expensive cartridge on it. It sounded gorgeous!
    Vertere SG-1 Turntable / Audio Note IO Gold MC
    Audio Note AN-S8L MC Transformer
    Audio Note Pallas I/C (SUT-Preamp)
    Audio Note M6 Phono Preamp
    Audio Note CDT 3/Audio Note 4.1X Balanced Signature DAC
    Audio Note Kassai Monoblocks
    Audio Note Sogon Interconnects
    Audio Note Pallas Interconnects
    Audio Note AN-Vx Interconnects
    Audio Note Sogon Speaker Cables
    Audio Note AN-E SPE HE speakers
    Audio Note ISIS Power Cables
    Loricraft PRC-4 Record Cleaning Machine

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkie37 View Post
    Funny thing is that he has more attitude than all of my bigger dogs : )

For what it's worth my dealer said that adding a speed/voltage controller on your table took it to a new level.
    Yorkies may be small, but they are 'all dog' for sure. A buddy of mine worked as a postman for years, and he wasn't afraid of the big dogs, it was the small ones that scared him the most

Thanks for the compliments on my system, Don .. I was lucky enough to get the Platine at a good price second-hand, as the UK 'new' price is way out of my comfort zone TBH. Interesting about the speed/voltage controller comment from your dealer. I wonder what particular controller he meant? The only one I've seen in the UK was made by GT Audio, and was a battery unit, but is no longer available as far as I know.

I'm Don.

Yorkies may be small, but they are 'all dog' for sure. A buddy of mine worked as a postman for years, and he wasn't afraid of the big dogs, it was the small ones that scared him the most

Thanks for the compliments on my system, Don .. I was lucky enough to get the Platine at a good price second-hand, as the UK 'new' price is way out of my comfort zone TBH. Interesting about the speed/voltage controller comment from your dealer. I wonder what particular controller he meant? The only one I've seen in the UK was made by GT Audio, and was a battery unit, but is no longer available as far as I know.
    The good news is that it's now relatively affordable to add really accurate speed to your table. I will be adding this system to my table after I upgrade my cartridge and SUT. It is the Phoenix Engineering Eagle PSU and the Phoenix Engineering Roadrunner Tachometer. The PSU is US$525 and the tachometer is US$234. You can add one at a time. Very accurate and highly rated from what I have been able to find out.

http://hifiheaven.net/store/Phoenix-...name&order=ASC

http://hifiheaven.net/store/Phoenix-...name&order=ASC

My dealer felt that the only weakness was speed control. However it was sitting next to a $80k to $100k turntable : )

My table was a demo with very few hours but my dealer wanted to showcase a new model, so he offered me most of what I had paid for the Classic 1 and a very reasonable upgrade price. I got quite a good deal!

I'm James.

Hi Don,

Very nice system you have there. I have the VPI Scout 1.1 and maybe one of the few on this forum who run a VPI. Superb sounding TT and very well engineered. Looked at the Falcon speed controller myself,maybe cheaper upgrade than the VPI SDS.
    Listened to a Prime VPI TT last week with top Dynavector wow.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Don.

By the way, I hope I didn't insult the Platine. It is probably my dealers favourite table. I found that I preferred it to the mega expensive Clearaudio! I think he just felt that adding the speed controller was the finishing touch. He used an expensive European speed controller.

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hi Don,

Very nice system you have there. I have the VPI Scout 1.1 and maybe one of the few on this forum who run a VPI. Superb sounding TT and very well engineered. Looked at the Falcon speed controller myself,maybe cheaper upgrade than the VPI SDS.
    Listened to a Prime VPI TT last week with top Dynavector wow.

I do like the VPIs. The Classic 3 has really been a joy to own. I feel that it's good enough for any cartridge out there, but my bank account isn't!

I'm Lee.

That's a nice set up you have Don, I use AN amps myself, running a couple of Empress Silver edition mono blocks, absolutely love them, best amps Ive had in the system yet. Wait till you get your AN-E speakers, the system will come alive even more!
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    That's a nice set up you have Don, I use AN amps myself, running a couple of Empress Silver edition mono blocks, absolutely love them, best amps Ive had in the system yet. Wait till you get your AN-E speakers, the system will come alive even more!
    Thanks Lee. I really can't wait for the speakers! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning ��