Thanks Dave, pretty stellar signature!

I'm Steve.

Very interesting. A huge welcome.

I'm Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Very interesting. A huge welcome.

Thanks Steve!
    “In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.” - Terry Pratchett

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Hi and welcome, from a bod who loved original Denton's back in the late 60's and who bought a pair a couple of years ago - they're surprisingly good actually 'cos they go wrong in all the right places where you don't notice unless you compare directly

Do you still do servicing, even as a part time thing? Loads of 1970's vintage kit now in need of a service by someone who knows how to set these things up, even if the caps are still alright...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Hi and welcome, from a bod who loved original Denton's back in the late 60's and who bought a pair a couple of years ago - they're surprisingly good actually 'cos they go wrong in all the right places where you don't notice unless you compare directly

You're right, they weren't so bad in those days - certainly gave me value for money.

Do you still do servicing, even as a part time thing? Loads of 1970's vintage kit now in need of a service by someone who knows how to set these things up, even if the caps are still alright...
    After being enticed away from engineering to 'the dark side' (sales - bigger car, better money, expenses . . .) I'm now retired and cracking out all the kit I can in order to reapply my talents to what I always enjoyed. I may not be able to play (or sing) a note of music but I really do enjoy listening to someone who can!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rangioran View Post

Present system - Garrad 401 / SME 3009 SII Imp / Shure V15 III - VN35MR / Technics SU 810 / Sony TC377 / Denon DR M3 / Technics SL-PG 320A / Technics RS-B40 / Quad 34 / Quad 405-2 / Senheiser HD 590 / B&W DM 602-S2 on Atalama SE6 stands.
    Garrard, SME, Quad, B&W .... Nice! .. that sounds like my ideal setup!

So far I have just acquired a Garrard 401 and I have my old B&W DM110s and even earlier DM10s (not brilliant by today's standards, but...) so I just need all the rest
    Cheers!
    Steve
    I wish I knew what I was doing ....
    www.reesguitars.co.uk

I'm Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarrero View Post
    Garrard, SME, Quad, B&W .... Nice! .. that sounds like my ideal setup!

So far I have just acquired a Garrard 401 and I have my old B&W DM110s and even earlier DM10s (not brilliant by today's standards, but...) so I just need all the rest
    Cheers!
    Steve
    Hi Steve,

Having previously had (and sold!) a Garrard 301 I was determined to replace it, however, got together with Martin Bastin who reconditioned and modified an early 401 for me. That was some 15 years back and it's still running beautifully. I can highly recommend his work - if he's still active?

Originally had a pair of B&W DM4's (that went with the 301) so the 602-S2's were the next best thing - love them.

Only recently acquired the Quad gear, again something that I'd always lusted after - have to say (once I've updated them) I'm really looking forward to getting the whole system up and running.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rangioran View Post
    Only recently acquired the Quad gear, again something that I'd always lusted after - have to say (once I've updated them) I'm really looking forward to getting the whole system up and running.
    Hmm ... mulling over getting a Quad 33/303 setup
    I wish I knew what I was doing ....
    www.reesguitars.co.uk

I'm Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarrero View Post
    Hmm ... mulling over getting a Quad 33/303 setup

Steve I wholeheartedly recommend it - the build of this kit is just so different to anything I've ever owned before.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

You have a VN35MR stylus - lucky man!!!! Not many of those came to the UK methinks...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast