+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does a nagaoka cartridge warranty look like?

I'm bob.

Default What does a nagaoka cartridge warranty look like?

Hi there

can anyone post a quick picture of what a genuine NAGAOKA cartridge warranty looks like, as would be found inside the box?

This would help me out in making a decision on buying a used cartridge....

Thanks

Robert

I'm Martin.

all the used ones I have bought all come with a frequency response trace, signed and dated, Ask him for that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    all the used ones I have bought all come with a frequency response trace, signed and dated, Ask him for that.
    Problem with that is if he asked me what it was I would have to admit that I had no idea at all.

I mean is that something that would come with a new cartridge, or is it something that you get if you buy a used cart from a proper shop?

I really just need to know what the warranty card looks like. I mean EG is this a NAG warranty card? :

I'm Grant.

I would think it easier to fake a guarantee card than a cart. Could be a Japanese market one.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I would think it easier to fake a guarantee card than a cart. Could be a Japanese market one.
    That's an image pulled off a different place. The guy I am talking to says that inside the box there is no warranty card just the "paper owner's manual".

My problem is that I don't know what this "card" should look like. It is a Japan market one apparently. Low use. He is keen to sell, but I am being advised to be wary if no warranty card, which is why I need to know what it looks like... I mean does it have holograms, is it special at all... should it have a serial number on the card inside the box that MATCHES the number on the barcode on outside of the box?

......Or is it just a card where you fill in the number on the box and send it in....???

I really want to buy this but don't want to find myself stung in first cartridge purchase!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    That's an image pulled off a different place. The guy I am talking to says that inside the box there is no warranty card just the "paper owner's manual".

My problem is that I don't know what this "card" should look like. It is a Japan market one apparently. Low use. He is keen to sell, but I am being advised to be wary if no warranty card, which is why I need to know what it looks like... I mean does it have holograms, is it special at all... should it have a serial number on the card inside the box that MATCHES the number on the barcode on outside of the box?

......Or is it just a card where you fill in the number on the box and send it in....???

I really want to buy this but don't want to find myself stung in first cartridge purchase!
    If in doubt, give it a wide berth Robert. There are always good carts come up here. at least you'll know where they came from. Might have something myself soon....

The Acutex carts on the Bay from Italy are good. great value
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    Problem with that is if he asked me what it was I would have to admit that I had no idea at all.

I mean is that something that would come with a new cartridge, or is it something that you get if you buy a used cart from a proper shop?

I really just need to know what the warranty card looks like. I mean EG is this a NAG warranty card? :

That looks like the instrution leaflet. I've not bought a new NAG since about 1995 but I don't recall getting a warranty card with it.

The frequency respone trace is a graph printed on a small sheet of paper, a bit like tracing paper, showing the response of the cart from 0Hz to 20K Hz and will be hand signed and dated by the Jap engineer who did the test. If he can show you that then it is more than likely genuine.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Kevin.

I'll check my Nagaoka cartridge paperwork tonight and let you know.
    I bought it two to three years ago, but I don't remember there being a warranty card.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm peter.

Are you suggesting someone is faking Nagokas? And if so, wouldn't they be sure to fake the papers too? I bought a Nagoka 500 last year and all it had was a small bit of folded paper.
    With respect, you seem to be missing the point. Used cartridges are a potential minefield, you don't know how old it is, and you don't know if it has been mishandled. That's the bit to worry about....better, imo, to buy a fresh cartridge. It's too risky. Quite a lot of this stuff is close to knackered. I gave a Benz away, as part of a part ex with a dealer. It was worn out, next thing I knew it was being advertised as 'mint'. Have you noticed how nearly all second hand cartridges have 'low hours'? how does that work? Imagine cars with no milometer.
    Then there's the oem retips claimed to be original........if you buy a used cartridge only, ever, buy from someone you know well and trust. And buying from a well-established member of the forum should be fine too.
    Last edited by paskinn; 30-03-2015 at 08:37.

I'm Dave.

As Peter says, you are worrying unnecessarily about a bit of paper when the cartridge might have been mistreated and worn out. It's always a risk buying a second hand cartridge unless you know the seller. Personally, I would never, ever buy a second hand cartridge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast