+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sacd player

I'm phil.

Default Sacd player

Hi all
    I’m looking for a Sacd player needs to also play redbook cds at a very good level, at the moment I’m thinking of either esoteric or dcs pucinni and clock, was also wondering what thoughts people have about the Sony es777,
    I’m open to any advise at the moment I’m using a belcanto, amp is a gryphon and speakers are Rockport,
    Thanks in advance
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Steve.

I always fancied a Marantz SACD KI Pearl (not the Pearl Lite). Battleship build, and soo handsome. Got great reviews too. I think production was limited to 1500 units, so may take a while to find one.

Edit: actually production was limited to 500 units. Good review by Michael Fremer for Stereophile.
    Last edited by Pigmy Pony; 11-11-2022 at 10:01.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I always fancied a Marantz SACD KI Pearl (not the Pearl Lite). Battleship build, and soo handsome. Got great reviews too. I think production was limited to 1500 units, so may take a while to find one.
    Even longer with another AoS'er looking for one

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Even longer with another AoS'er looking for one
    Hmm, I know an AoS'r who is picking one up this week, buying from a friend. Maybe not the same person. Sought-after machines
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

my oppo plays sacd's. ive had a few players that have. the big denon i sold does too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Hmm, I know an AoS'r who is picking one up this week, buying from a friend. Maybe not the same person. Sought-after machines
    I meant the one you've just advised to get one

I'm Martin.

Oppo is a good option or a Sony SCD-XB790QS - https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...cd-xb790.shtml - if you can find one.

The Sony is the best I have owned and I've had a few 'flagship' players in my time. You might have to get one from Germany but will still work out cheaper than some over-hyped boutique job.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Oppo is a good option or a Sony SCD-XB790QS - https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...cd-xb790.shtml - if you can find one.

The Sony is the best I have owned and I've had a few 'flagship' players in my time. You might have to get one from Germany but will still work out cheaper than some over-hyped boutique job.
    I had the 940 which was a very nice sounding CDP as well as SACD, £200 from Richers end of line. Unf after a few years it developed a fault where it got hot and stopped playing after a few hours I think it was a common issue related to the decoding chip. There was also an issue with playing discs where you had to go in the hidden menu and recalibrate the laser with an SACD in it. If you didn't own an SACD you couldn't do it. All rather vague now but that's what I recall.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I had the 940 which was a very nice sounding CDP as well as SACD, £200 from Richers end of line. Unf after a few years it developed a fault where it got hot and stopped playing after a few hours I think it was a common issue related to the decoding chip. There was also an issue with playing discs where you had to go in the hidden menu and recalibrate the laser with an SACD in it. If you didn't own an SACD you couldn't do it. All rather vague now but that's what I recall.
    Not had any such issues with the 790. Mine came out of a studio so had a working life before I got it. Still worked flawlessly for years until the draw mech started playing up. Probably just needs a new belt but I used the excuse to go down the transport - DAC route instead.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Yeah I think it was a flaw in the model, Sony probably rushed it out to have a mid fi option for people to buy the new SACD format

+ Reply to Thread