+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hong Kong cartridge prices...

montesquieu Guest

In my experience Hong Kong is a fascinating place for hifi, and unlike Japan it uses 230v, but the hifi 'district' (the enthusiasts' hifi district with NOS valves and interesting vinyl bits as opposed to department stores with mass-market Japanese stuff) is a hassle to get to and you won't find many bargains on the shelves, I saw Ming Da kit for example with stickers on at far more than you can buy it for mail order through Cattylink.

I deal regularly with Juki who provided two of my three Miyajimas, he's great. I've had him ship here, to Taiwan (when I was there for 5 weeks) and within HK to my hotel. Depending what you are buying I would say he's your best bet. BTW I don't think the price to HK will be different (though it may be higher, if local taxes are applied) but you will save postage.

To be clear, are you looking for something specific, or do you just want the experience of meeting some HK valve and vinyl buffs on the off chance you can pick up something interesting, not necessarily at a massive saving?

I'm bob.

I was looking for anything that would be a bargain. Am now sorted though with a (hopefully lightly) used UK cart.

Nice to know that juki can be trusted though.

I'm Anthony.

Hi Robert , my girlfriend is from Hong Kong , you can get most stuff at half price sometimes even better
    regarding tax and duty , she bought back a denon full size minidisc and two portables as hand luggage and there was no charge whatsoever but this may be because she holds UK passport.
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    I was looking for anything that would be a bargain. Am now sorted though with a (hopefully lightly) used UK cart.

Nice to know that juki can be trusted though.

I'm aware that others have had issues. It could well be that not all his stock is quite what it seems but I can only speak from personal experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345