+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A brief Rega RP6 Review.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    It's really interesting to hear everyone has different experiences with cart choice, did everyone else start with the Exact and replace it afterwards?
    I haven't heard the Exact and spent plenty of time reading up on it. I had previously heard the Elys on a P25 and wasn't happy with it, hence my reservations, although the Exact is supposedly a far better cartridge. Highly divided opinions put me off the Exact as I was buying without audition, but as Denons have been my favourite cartridges on other turntables I decided to stick with them.

I've got a Nagaoka MP110 which I might try eventually but I don't feel the need change the Denon at the moment.
    Paul

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by rossman View Post
    I haven't heard the Exact and spent plenty of time reading up on it. I had previously heard the Elys on a P25 and wasn't happy with it, hence my reservations, although the Exact is supposedly a far better cartridge. Highly divided opinions put me off the Exact as I was buying without audition, but as Denons have been my favourite cartridges on other turntables I decided to stick with them.

I've got a Nagaoka MP110 which I might try eventually but I don't feel the need change the Denon at the moment.
    I must admit I read an awful lot of opinions on the RP6/Exact pairing too, lots of both in favour and against. Mine was coming with the Exact as it was picked up 2nd hand and I have to say I am happy, maybe in a year or so I might think of changing it.

I am still tempted by an Electrocompaniet ECP1 phono stage though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12