+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Liverpool

I'm John.

Default Hello from Liverpool

Hi I have just joined the community today and I live in Liverpool in the UK, which is maybe... just maybe the greatest city in the World, but then I'm biased.

I am new to HiFi in general and this new hobby has arisen from my long time love of music. I like everything from acid/modern jazz to thrash metal, from folk to prog rock, dubstep to ambient house and everthing inbetween from every era. I've recently been discovering Terry Callier and Sarah Vaughan... Nice!!

My rather budget system comprises of:

Sources:- NAD542 cdp, Technics 1210 with a Moth mk1 (rega 202) arm with incognito wiring and Nag MP110 cart, using phono in the Creek.
    Amp:- Creek 4040s3
    Speakers:- Dynaudio DM2/7 on Epos ES11 stands

I started my HiFi journey with advice from The Wam and what a luvly bunch they are too, I'm hoping to make my 1st visit to Scalford in a few weeks.

I've joined AoS to get advice on upgrading my Techie.

Thanks for any advice
    John

I'm Andrei.

Hello from the antipodes
    Rule No. 1: You run a Technics 1210 - you have come to The Right Place !
    Rule No. 2: Yeah whatever.
    I'm a Wammer too but I hang round here more 'cause I am a Tecchie diehard.

Creek, Dynaudio: Respect. Great brands.

John, check out the Techipedia, even going back a year or two, lots of great stuff.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm John.

Nice 1 thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    Hello from the antipodes
    Rule No. 1: You run a Technics 1210 - you have come to The Right Place !
    Rule No. 2: Yeah whatever.
    I'm a Wammer too but I hang round here more 'cause I am a Tecchie diehard.

Creek, Dynaudio: Respect. Great brands.

John, check out the Techipedia, even going back a year or two, lots of great stuff.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to Aos

Plenty of info on Technics to be found here http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...he-Techiepedia

Regards Neil

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome John.

Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread