+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Only one tape input on my amp - suggestions please!

I'm Steve.

Default Only one tape input on my amp - suggestions please!

Fellow tapeheads, I have an issue.

My amp only has one tape loop and I have two decks (at present), both of which I'd like to use for record and playback purposes.

Any suggestions that don't involve rewiring phono leads as required?
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvebears View Post
    Fellow tapeheads, I have an issue.

My amp only has one tape loop and I have two decks (at present), both of which I'd like to use for record and playback purposes.

Any suggestions that don't involve rewiring phono leads as required?
    Yes I have a Realistic three input/output tape switcher listed on E-Bay in the Cassette Recorders/players section..(not the one in the Reel to Reel section,that ones not mine) Link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stereo-Tape-Co...d=p3911.c0.m14 If it had not been bid on I would have pulled it and sold it to you. There was no bid last night, there is now.

This will do your job really well. I am only selling it as I got a more high end one from Sony awhile ago.

Regards D S D L
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 27-08-2009 at 08:55.
    Regards Neil

I'm Nick.

I only have one deck 'permanently' wired for record, and swap that about as needed.

I have the playback side of each deck switched into my amp like any other source, so can switch playback of each through to my speakers. This is all a bit ad-hoc at the moment, but I'm getting a Behringer 1602 1U rack mixer to handle 8 stereo inputs into 1 stereo output, shortly. Perhaps not the best for fidelity, but when I want fidelity I wire my kit directly to my amp.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm David.

sony sb300 or sb500 ... i cant remember who it is off here who has one but they are suposed to be good
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish_gill View Post
    sony sb300 or sb500 ... i cant remember who it is off here who has one but they are suposed to be good
    Its me....but they are quite dear and rareish...there are none on E-Bay at the present time.

Regards Neil
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread