+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Techy SL1200 Phono Lead Help, Please.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Hi Dave

Its a great little kit and nice photo instructions too ' i found it a breeze to fit
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvebears View Post
    Welcome back Dave.

If you don't want to or can't justify replacing the arm completely at this point (as I haven't - yet), then I would definitely second Shuggie's suggestion, as this was exactly what I did.

Johnnie at Audio Origami did a complete nose-to-tail rewire, replacing the stock arm wiring and trailing phonos, plus foam-filling the arm tube and checking all the bearing tolerances for £140, and as a stop-gap to full arm replacement, I'm pretty pleased with it.

Upside is that you can just remove the whole arm and height-adjustment mount, pack carefully and send away and it comes back ready to go and quite simple to re-install.

Downside is that you'll probably be turntable-less for about 3 weeks, depending on Johnnie's work-load.
    this is the route im taking.. in fact looking at your list of bits, apart from the different headshell and the fact that yours is a mk5 we are gonna have a similar set up
    the mg10 worked very well in the end by the way.. to my eye it just lined up straight away!
    you still looking at getting that terminator one day?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Joerg.

Thanks for the link to that cable, Chris. Perhaps I'll consider buying it for my 1210 and CS621 even though the 621 doesn't need a ground wire.

Cheers

Joerg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12