High Guys,
I'm back, for the benefit of anyone that missed me - for anyone that didn't, why not? .
I have finally received my Techy and set it up, complete with new headshell and cartridge set up for me by Marco, for which many thanks. I am very happy with the sound I am getting from it at the moment but suspect that it could be improved (no comments Steve, please ). One of the obvious areas which strikes me could be improved is the phono leads and plugs. I'm not sure whether mine is equipped with original standard leads or whether they have been replaced but they appear to be relatively flimsy compared to the 'brick shithouse' solidity of the rest of the build quality, and one phono plug looks as though someone trod on it and made a cack-handed attempt to re-round it - it now feels very flimsy and sloppy in the socket.
Because off this I think that it would benefit by having the phono leads replaced with something of a little better quality, so I have the following questions: -
1) are the original Techy phono leads lightweight and flimsy?
2) are they recognised as a weak point on the Techy?
3) how are they connected within the Techy, soldered or screw terminal and how difficult is it to replace them?
4) are they readily available as a spare part from Dave Cawley, say and if so, how much do they cost.
Any general advice, comments or guidance on this aspect would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.
Cheers,