Thank's for all the suggestions.

I've been giving this some thought over the last few days and I've come to some conclusions.

I narrowed the cartridge choice down to the DL103 and the AT120e.
In the end I think I'm going to go for the AT120e as it will make getting everything working cheaper due to it being a cheaper cartridge and MM. So I'll be in touch with Dave Cawley about that next month. That's a great deal BTW Dave, thanks.

On the subject of phono stages; I think I'm going to go for Alex Nikitin's suggestion of using the Creek board he designed. I'm hopefully going to make a dual power supply that can power the Creek MM and MC boards so I can add the MC board later. I just need to brush up on power supply design methodology first. That's something I've been wanting to have a bash at for a while so I'll use it as a learning experience.

On the subject of headshells; The PL-71 came with a decent looking Technics model fitted, so I think I'll use that to start with to save money. That is unless anyone knows of a good reason not to use it.

The TT it's self appears to be in pretty good condition. It's just a bit dirty and has a couple of small chips. One of the speed select switches is dodgy too but other than that it seems fine and switches on. I can't check the speeds as I don't know how but I'll just replace the pots anyway and worry about setting it up later.

I'd also like to strip the whole thing down and re-finish the wood as it looks like a bit tired. I think I'll also replace the phono sockets on the back with some nice new ones and replace some of the old internal signal wiring that looks a bit past it's best. Some of the solder joints look a bit dry/corroded, so I'll re-do those too.

That's it for now. I'll hopefully post some photos soon.