+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interest check: Budget valve amplifier

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    A grand is certainly cheap for a quality valve power amp made by hand in this country and in small quantities!
    My 2p worth as a fellow engineer and designer (I don't do all valve power amps so no conflict of interest! ).... El84's and about 10 - 16 WPC is pretty much set in stone at this price if there is to be enough money left to not compromise other areas too much. I would forget the remote on cost grounds as well personally. I would be tempted to keep it nearer 10WPC than 16 due to modern valve quality and reliability. This should also allow the output transformers(OPTX's) to be rather better for the cost.... OPTX's are of course the biggest hurdle in the price V performance race so any help you can give yourself here should be grabbed and run with!!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm martin.

I'm still threatening to dunk my toes in the valve amp water but to me, 2 inputs, 20+ watts, choice of colour finishes? (interchangeable panels?) would be handy/enough at the base price with options for more demanding pushing the price towards the upper limit? £0.02. Oh, warm edging to clinical sound too.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123