+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: My very modest system

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothchild View Post
    Have you noticed any difference to low end if you run the rig with the doors shut or to the image if you bring the speaker right to the edge of the decking (so there's no reflective surface in front of them)?
    Not really tried with the doors shut, although I have plonked them right at the edge - made a small difference, but not sure it was better or worse! I'll try again next time it's sunny - raining this morning, so inside system for me today.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Did someone say PISHANTO

Nice away from it all location , How do the people next door like it
    Cheers Al - luckily the house behind is about the same distance away from the summerhouse as we are, and as we are on a corner there's no house next door, until you get across the road and must be 100ft to those. I have put it up reasonably loud and had a walk around to mkae sure it isn't too intrusive, which at reasonable volumes it isn't. No one's complained or called the police - yet!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I've found in such situations that a bed of cabbages makes a great bass trap.
    You could be onto something there!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Respect, Alex - that's quality!
    Cheers Marco Has to be done!
    Alex

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Having heard this setup with speakers facing in towards the summerhouse (no pics of the "man fridge" down there either ) I can vouch for the great sound-for-peanuts Alex is getting down here in the garden. Those old Coda 7, 8 and 9 are built from little more than cardboard and thin plastic, but for whatever reason, the sound quality totally transcends this, being honest and pleasantly warm toned, rather than shrill as bigger KEFs could be or boomy as the cheapo Tannoy M series was at the time..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Nice man-cave Alex, if you haven't moved by then, perhaps I can lighten that beer load in the fridge when I move to Suffolk in a couple of years.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

You would be most welcome to do that buddy! (No plans to move at the moment, are you really planning on coming to East Angular?)
    Alex

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    (No plans to move at the moment, are you really planning on coming to East Angular?)
    Yes, when I retire, somewhere near Stowmarket - might be delayed a few years if I go back to the Caymans for a spell, but only planning on a max of 2 years there, so within 5 years I should be there, possibly a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    within 5 years I should be there, possibly a lot less.
    Excellent - look forward to that!
    Alex

I'm Dan.

Wow, I'm really jealous, I'd love to have something like that!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJennings View Post
    Wow, I'm really jealous, I'd love to have something like that!
    Every male music lovers dream I reckon, a beer stocked music man cave - what's not to like

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast