+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: My very modest system

I'm John.

Looking good Alex, wish my speakers looked nice looking at yours

If you do get a full blown dose of audiophilia and decide to go looking for valve amps do check out the Eastern Electric M520 Integrated.
    I’m not a valve amp enthusiast usually, not that the expensive ones don’t sound really nice, but at under £2000 new this sounds pretty good to me.
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The good thing about SP1's is that the load is mostly good for most amps. For these, I'd suggest something with loads of atmosphere but with a bit of a "push" behind it. First choice for me and almost affordable is the Croft Series 7 and possibly the R version with its extra supplies. The Rega Elicit may just do the business too (sorry LFD, I don't know your current range, but found the integrated from two years ago a bit too straight-laced - apparently this is better now) and there might be a Sugden as well that's not too soft toned..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Thanks for looking!

Alex
    hey - don't knock the Rotel RQ970 - one of HIFIs best secrets

I'm Sushant.

Alex

Your system looks great.... I remember a time when I had an absolutely weird setup with speakers anchored off walls...thankfully those days have gone...some adjustments have to be made......as I see in your case....As long as you are in the sweet spot, thats fine then....

BTW, that profile photo of yours makes me smile everytime....I am blessed with two such monsters at home full of energy and endless fun....bless them...

regards
    Sush

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Thanks Sush - getting there slowly, and the Spendors have been a revelation.

Cheers for the kind words about the avatar - I change it reasonably regularly so whether people like it or not they will also see her grow up! I guess there'll come a time when I'll have to go with something else (can't imagine she'll like being an avatar on a hi-fi forum at 14!) but still plenty of time!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nobody.

Gis a look at the RAM 150's Alex i much prefer them as you know

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'll try and set them up tomorrow Andre - just for you.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Toby.

I know I should be more interested in the nice gear you own but as im currently decorating up the living room my eye is wandering over to the colour scheme in your room , I like the whole pastel theme, works nicely & the speakers really add contrast.

Oh & a nice set up you have there too

Thanks Toby - that's why I joke about wanting to see people's curtains! I'm not really here for any hifi interests...
    Alex

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I'll try and set them up tomorrow Andre - just for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast