+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new speakers

I'm James.

Default new speakers

thought id post a couple of pics of my new castle knight 3 speakers Attachment 8960

Attachment 8961

Attachment 8962

Attachment 8963TTACH]8960[/ATTACH] dinky little things but perfect for my room, im reserving judgment on how they sound as theyre just 2 days old and are a bit all over the place at the moment

I'm Andy.

Wow James they are very pretty, did not know Castle were still making speakers- enjoy them
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm James.

Hi andy, they are lovely looking things and have nice real wood veneer ,sound wise they're going from a bit ropey to ooh that's nice!!! So all being well they'll end up at the latter with more hours under their belt. Apparently they're Chinese built, though designed in blighty these days

I'm Shaun.

Yeah its unfortunate that Castle are no longer built by skilled cabinet makers in Skipton.

I'm James.

Yes , a " made in uk " label would be nice, but I can't fault the build quality

I'm gone.

Ah, interesting. I didn't know that Castle were back, albeit made in China.

I'm John.

Interesting indeed but good to see them back. They used to make some really great speakers back in the day.

I'm Rob.

Was the return of Castle not something to do with Auido-T, a distribution deal or something?
    Michell Mycro / AT33PTG/II | Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk | Yamaha CD-NT670D | Bryston B60R | ATC SCM10

I'm James.

they come under the IAG umberella now, audio T do sell them though. i got mine from moorgate acoustics sheffield, ex demo but as new and a hefty discount

I'm James.

well the castles seem to have settled in now and i love em. plenty of detail,bass isnt window shaking but plenty for my room and its nice and clean, not at all lumpy or woolly. above all theyre very easy to listen to, be it music ,film or tv. i think they would benefit from a change of amp though,oh ek more pennies!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast