+ Reply to Thread

Thread: greetings..... calling seth=l

I'm m.

Default greetings..... calling seth=l

Greetings.
    I've joined because i would like some info from

Seth=L

Nothing sinister but i recentlyy bought teac 500 tunr/amp/cassette and would like to clean/ service the tape mechanism.

Cassette loads into a horizontal drawer and i need to remove the lid. Seth=l posted some photos of the inside of the amp so has somehow done this.

I am typing on smart phonr so excuse my spelling.
    When im on the laptop will say a bit about my hifi history.

Mtbiking and hifi/music are my main hobbies and consumr most of my cash!

I'm David.

Welcome to AoS

I to have recently purchased a TEAC 500 system mainly for the A-H500 amp really impressed with it
    Did try the R-H500 tape deck but it eats tapes which doesnt bother me too much only tried it as I found some tapes while sorting stuff out sounded alright
    Found the CD player PD-H500 a bit dry but otherwise very good plenty of detail and no mechanicla noise while playing
    Also been using the tuner to listen to Radio 3 and 4
    Been enjoying the system when I get the chance

Good luck finding out how to open it up I couldnt find the serivce manaul for the tape deck but did for other part

I'm Geoff.

Hi, welcome to AOS.

Can you enter a name please, rather than just "m". We like to operate on a first name basis.

You'll find a forum section dedicated to every aspect of Hi-Fi. There's be a suitable one for any questions you may want to ask.

If you have plans for your system do tell us. We like to hear what people have in mind.

What music do you listen to?

Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm m.

My foray into HiFi befun with my Sony system pruchased by money saved from my Saturday job. I got it from BATS (Bourne Audio Tape Supplies - if memory serves me well) on Corporation St, Birmingham. It started as a shop selling cassettes cheaply, Sony, TDK, Memorex, BASF to name a few hence why I have a plethora of recorded music on CHF (best avoided), BH (good enough), AHF and UCS cassettes but I digress..........

BATS then expanded to sell Sony HiFi (they may have sold other brands but it is too far back in time) and I used to go in there during my lunch hour to drool of stuff I could never afford. Eventually saved enough to buy midrange turntable and cassette deck and low end tuner and amp, also Wharfedale Laser 60 speakers.

The amp is still going string after all these years and I recently went a bit mad on ebay (too much stuff and far too cheap!) buying additional components such as a digital tuner and cassette decks, as in photo below.

This is the bedroom system but the main system evolved into Rega turntable, Sony CD player, Mission Cyrus II with PSX with Musical Fidelity MC4 speakers that then over time was replaced by:
    Linn Sondek with Linto + Audiolab PPQ
    Marantz CD63 CD -> Audiolab 8000 CD transport and DAC -> TAG Mclaren DAC -> Musical Fidelity KW25 CD transport and DAC
    Bi-amping with 4 x audiolab 8000 M
    Monitor Audio Studio 20se -> Monitor Audio Studio 50 SE -> Wilson Benesch Act II
    Various interconnects and speaker cames came and went, VdH connects are what I am using.

Music played is best described as indie and rock, some artists: Nick Cave, Led Zeppelin, Tori Amos, The Clash, The Vaccines, Stone Roses, Arcade Fire I could go one for hours ..... so some old and some new; have just bought 5 CDs by the Dirty Three that I've yet to play.

I'm m.

The sharp eyed amongst you will have spotted the Arcam CD player - oops, forgot to mention the Arcam system (DAB, A90 and P90). This was meant to replace the Sony but not got round to it - I think the first HiFi has more sentimental attachment to it, foolish I know, as it was a struggle to save up to buy it as well as memories of when I got interested in music. Later on once working full time, the other stuff (apart from the speakers and MF CD/DAC) are almost throw away money on ebay.

+ Reply to Thread