+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help wanted with semi interesting turntable.

I'm Nodrog.

Default Help wanted with semi interesting turntable.

Can't put this in Past masters 'cos "masters' doesn't apply.

However, its an interesting thing to have in the collection even if its not really hi-fi. The cover for the arm gubbins made me laugh. Basically, it's thin card stuck on with double sided tape

I've had it playing and it works but for the arm lift. Holding the arm up and then letting it drop on the record works OK. The sound is alright even if it doesn't exactly scale the heights. Aker sounded quite reasonable.

When I took it apart, the little white widget fell out. The sliders were all stuck as the grease had hardened. Quick WD to see if it worked, can grease properly later.

The bar on the top obviously adjusts the start and finish points but also obscures the end of the arm lift relay - which clicks in and out quite happily when instructed.

So, does anyone have any experience of these? Can I just undo the adjustment screw and lift off the bar? VE have a Users manual but not a service one. Its an JVC L-E22 by the way.

I'm Nodrog.

Well, as you all took longer than 5 minutes to answer my query, being the patient sort, I just took it apart

Sadly, the little widget goes into another little widget in which the socket for the first widget is broken. As the likelihood of getting a spare part rates about like me winning the lottery I resorted to a tried and tested method.

Now the superglue is dry, it all went back together with only a few swear words and is playing as I type. The arm lifter now works although there is no adjustment to lift height as the superglue is likely to resist movement

Not sure about the paper cover, might just leave it off so the works can be seen doing their stuff under the plastic lid.

I'm Alan.

Such fun
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Such fun
    Swat life is for

All packed?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Help wanted with a semi?

Good job I read the rest of the thread title, Richard, as otherwise I was about to direct you to somewhere rather ‘interesting’!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andr'e.

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Help wanted with a semi?

Good job I read the rest of the thread title, Richard, as otherwise I was about to direct you to somewhere rather ‘interesting’!

Marco.
    Who is this Richard bloke? My post was short, succinct and wonderfully interesting to all (obvious, given the huge number of replies)

I'm Darren.

i've got the very same turntable (along with the base unit it came with!)

got it for my 18th birthday.........

mine mostly works, but is waiting for a repair as there is no 'tracking weight' on the arm when it tries to play.

i remember it was the most amazing turntable in the world when i got it (to me at least ) might see if i can get it going again and find a decent t4p mount cart to put on it

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    Who is this Richard bloke? My post was short, succinct and wonderfully interesting to all (obvious, given the huge number of replies)
    Sorry, I often get Pinky and you mixed up - why, I’m not quite sure…

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andr'e.

A JVC linear tracker is the whole reason i ended up with a Techy 'SL110' for a couple years in the early 80's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast