+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap but good Sony VAIO latop for sale

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    I've advertised & sold non hifi items there without issue in the past…
    Not in Private Exhibitions you haven’t, unless somehow it slipped through the net.

Aside from that, when you first did it, didn’t it strike you as being inappropriate, or maybe even something you should've sought permission for first? I’m not being funny, but given that this is a hi-fi forum, not a computer emporium, I’d have thought that was common sense. A little courtesy and consideration for others goes a long way sometimes!

FWIW I have now read the classifieds rules & its states "Please only advertise hi-fi and related paraphernalia; i.e. consumer electronics." correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a laptop "consumer electronics” ?
    Not sure who put the ‘consumer electronics’ thing in there (it was probably done a long time ago, and will be removed), but the important bit is what it says under the Private Exhibitions title, which others and you should’ve read before posting the unauthorised ads.

I'm not trying to be funny with you Marco but it seems the rules you are threatening temp bans for if broken aren't written anywhere.
    They will be shortly - like I said I’ll be posting a thread about it. A week’s ban would only occur in the most extreme of circumstances, but people have to realise that AoS isn’t simply here to satisfy their own selfish needs; there is an acceptable standard of behaviour required, and also rules which must be observed.

At the end of the day, when it comes to posting ads, it’s simply a matter of being courteous and to remember that it’s a privilege, not a right

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Hi Ali,

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Why not just create a for sale thread for non hi Fi items?
    Then you’d get every bugger advertising all their unwanted shite, and everything but the kitchen sink - no ta!

No, the rules will be that anyone seeking to advertise non-hifi related goods must ask for permission first. I simply don’t want the forum (any part of it) being clogged up with rubbish. Non-hifi related items will be offered for sale here as an exception (a favour, for those who ask nicely), not a rule.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

A laptop is an essential hifi component for many 21st century audiophiles

You old skool sad farts need to get out more

Hehehehe… Then why do you bother owning, is it three turntables (and goodness knows how many arms and cartridges), as well as a CDP and valve amps? That’s all ‘old tat’, don’t you know!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hehehehe… Then why do you bother owning, is it three turntables (and goodness knows how many arms and cartridges), as well as a CDP and valve amps? That’s all ‘old tat’, don’t you know!

Marco.
    Here is what I currently have that are my own and paid for .....

Clearaudio Master Innovation TT2 Tangential arm Stradivari cartridge

Technics SL1210 MN base plate, bearing, platter, isokinetik silver melody arm kontrapunkt B cart

Garrard 401 NWA slate plinth clearaudio 12" universal arm DH1 cartridge

Longdog 300B monoblocks

music first pre amp

music first sut

music first ref. phono stage

luxman LA550AX amp

squeezebox touch

oppo 105D audiocom signature edition

isotek sigmas

isotek mosaic genesis

MCRU No. 101 + 127 loudspeakers

and not a f...in computer in site cos I hate them!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not in Private Exhibitions you haven’t, unless somehow it slipped through the net.

On 4 seperate occasions.

Aside from that, when you first did it, didn’t it strike you as being inappropriate, or maybe even something you should've sought permission for first? I’m not being funny, but given that this is a hi-fi forum, not a computer emporium, I’d have thought that was common sense. A little courtesy and consideration for others goes a long way sometimes!

No, not at all. Its completely normal behavior on every forum I've ever visited/been a member of.

Not sure who put the ‘consumer electronics’ thing in there (it was probably done a long time ago, and will be removed), but the important bit is what it says under the Private Exhibitions title, which others and you should’ve read before posting the unauthorised ads.

Fair enough.

They will be shortly - like I said I’ll be posting a thread about it. A week’s ban would only occur in the most extreme of circumstances, but people have to realise that AoS isn’t simply here to satisfy their own selfish needs; there is an acceptable standard of behaviour required, and also rules which must be observed.

"Selfish needs" ? If the member/s in question only ever posts in the classifieds I would agree but dont shit on contributing members. I give far more than I take here on AOS... I've spent hundreds of hours of my own time repairing & modifying equipment for members on here & very rarely charge anything... Not any more.

Marco.
    I'm going to withdraw from this conversation now as its starting to get on my wick... All this 'cos I didn't read two lines of text, I could understand if I'd advertised a heavily soiled gimp suit I'm sorry if I've spoken out of turn or taken/caused unnecessary offense but you really rubbed me up the wrong way.

Well, I apologise if I was curt with you, James, but after having scanned the PE section and seen another bloody laptop for sale (the other day it was cameras - goodness knows what those have got to do with hi-fi), I’d had enough, so you were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Try to look at it from my point of view, where you’ve taken much time and effort to outline what should be crystal clear (as I highlighted earlier in blue bold text), and then folk either ignore it or are too lazy to read it. It doesn’t just happen when advertising stuff for sale, but when posting different threads about hi-fi. Every day I have to move at least half a dozen threads that have been posted in the wrong area of the forum, sometimes ridiculously so, such as today when I had to move a thread about turntables from the music section, FFS!

It does get rather wearing after a while when folk continually fail to notice what should be obvious, and don’t act as instructed.

I don’t always read the classifieds section, so I must’ve missed the three other occasions where you’ve advertised laptops (why are you going through so many?) Anyway, let’s not fall out about it. We’re going to review the situation about laptops and phones being advertised in the classifieds section and post a notice up about it, once the ins and outs of the matter have been debated and agreed by all the mods and myself

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Paul.

Be careful if your going to get stroppy with the guy who's selling the mobiles.....big lad apparently.

Who he?

Marco.
    Main System

synsei Guest

It doesn’t just happen when advertising stuff for sale, but when posting different threads about hi-fi. Every day I have to move at least half a dozen threads that have been posted in the wrong area of the forum, sometimes ridiculously so, such as today when I had to move a thread about turntables
    That is why you employ a moderator team...

I get the 'it would be nice if people asked' thing, it's only polite after all, however there needs to be a certain amount of flexibility I reckon. Computers are part and parcel of most audio systems these days so to ban them from sale on AoS seems a bit silly to me. Most of our members are sensible, polite and not prone to taking liberties and so I can completely understand why most would assume it is perfectly okay to sell one on here. Then there's another aspect, without computers there would be no AoS...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast