+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ortofon Cadanza Bronze

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

In that case, enjoy, and don't be tempted to fiddle, unless the fiddling is liable to fix something genuine that needed fixing in the first place!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    In that case, enjoy, and don't be tempted to fiddle, unless the fiddling is liable to fix something genuine that needed fixing in the first place!

Marco.
    Wise words Marco but as you know in this game..... I probably wont rest until I bag a big Sony ES integrated ie Sony taf 808 es and a pair of Spendor S8e's- thats my hope anyway With regards the Cadenza Bronze, I've only read good things, it's a top quality cart.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Marco maybe correct, l wanted the Bronze for its full and smooth sound, l am led to believe that the Black is more neutral in sound and also a consideration my system may not be up to the task of getting the best out of the black......
    Andy in your case I would agree with Marco (for g.ds sake don't tell him).

Try a different dealer or I have seen one on the bay for £850 with only 20hrs use on it (sic). Might be worth a punt as it seems to be a dealer, the listing even gives a phone no. 01304 239419 Emporium hifi Kent Branch

Clive
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Wise words Marco but as you know in this game..... I probably wont rest until I bag a big Sony ES integrated ie Sony taf 808 es and a pair of Spendor S8e's- thats my hope anyway
    Is that what you're working towards, dude? Sounds good (I like most of the Sony ES range of kit, as it often sounds superlative - it's certainly always built that way). Anyway, I hope it all hits the spot when you get there!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    Lol......

Try a different dealer or I have seen one on the bay for £850 with only 20hrs use on it (sic). Might be worth a punt as it seems to be a dealer, the listing even gives a phone no. 01304 239419 Emporium hifi Kent Branch
    In that case, I'd happily pile in there, as they're good guys (I know from personal experience), so the cart is liable to be minty

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post

Clive

Thanks for posting the link Clive but l really wanted to buy new ( cartridges anyway) just been on the ear trumpet to Ortofon UK and it looks like it could be the end of the road for the Bronze......, he then went on to say the Cadanza Blue would be nearer The Bronze in tonal balance which came as a bit of a surprise and the Black being "a cartridge for musicians" god knows what that meant.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Dave.

I like the Blue, as it has more life and attack without being harsh.

I always have a Red and Blue on demo, as I prefer their balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Thanks for posting the link Clive but l really wanted to buy new ( cartridges anyway) just been on the ear trumpet to Ortofon UK and it looks like it could be the end of the road for the Bronze......
    Bloody typical! Anything interesting and remotely different from 'the norm' (or what a manufacturer decides it wants to promote) gets sidelined...

However, someone *somewhere* must have one, lying in a box, as up until now it's been part of Ortofon's current MC line-up. I'd do some intense poking around the 'net, if I were you, Andy. Chances are, if you're diligent enough, you find what you're looking for.

Also, don't rule out buying the Bronze that The Emporium are selling. It'll most likely have only been out of the box once, perhaps to play two sides of a record, and so have had absolute minimal use. As it's a dealer, the cartridge will also likely come with a small guarantee (usually 3 months), so you can't really go wrong.

Hey, I've just bought a cartridge that's six years older than me (a 1959 vintage SPU) - and it plays perfectly and sounds utterly wonderful, so I wouldn't worry about your situation!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I like the Blue, as it has more life and attack without being harsh.

I always have a Red and Blue on demo, as I prefer their balance.
    Fair enough, Dave. However, any Bronze I've heard has never lacked 'life'... Far from it. As you know all too well in this game, context is everything!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Bloody typical! Anything interesting and remotely different from 'the norm' (or what a manufacturer decides it wants to promote) gets sidelined...

However, someone *somewhere* must have one, lying in a box, as up until now it's been part of Ortofon's current MC line-up. I'd do some intense poking around the 'net, if I were you, Andy. Chances are, if you're diligent enough, you find what you're looking for.

Also, don't rule out buying the Bronze that The Emporium are selling. It'll most likely have only been out of the box once, perhaps to play two sides of a record, and so have had absolute minimal use. As it's a dealer, the cartridge will also likely come with a small guarantee (usually 3 months), so you can't really go wrong.

Hey, I've just bought a cartridge that's six years older than me (a 1959 vintage SPU) - and it plays perfectly and sounds utterly wonderful, so I wouldn't worry about your situation!

Marco.
    Andy I absolutly agree (oh my god that's the third time today). You have already decided that this is the cartridge you want, why, oh why are you faffing about now, you've already warmed up the ear trumpet so get dialling.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast