+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FS Ruark Paladin floorstanders

I'm Lawrence.

Never seen another pair for sale they must be rare as. Would you settle for Crusaders, they come up every few months?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Never seen another pair for sale they must be rare as. Would you settle for Crusaders, they come up every few months?
    Not really as i am wanting to use them with some SET amps

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Did you bring them to a NEBO Steve? If they are the ones I’m thinking of they were a nice speaker.

Kralks not good with a SET?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Did you bring them to a NEBO Steve? If they are the ones I’m thinking of they were a nice speaker.

Kralks not good with a SET?
    They're ok Ali but the issue isn't with the Kralks it's with me. They are very revealing and a typical monitor. A fantastic though very revealing speaker. I have become so used to listening to a floorstander with heft when i need it especially when listening to some of my "special music" the Kralks don't do. I do have the option of wiring in my subwoofer i suppose. However, i don't really want to do that. The Kralks are one of the most wide open and honest sounding speakers iv'e heard having said all that.

I'm Andre.

Used to be a Diesis fan in the early 80's, Had a few pair but this was before Ruark

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Might be worth trying the sub. Take a while to dial in properly but would be worth it IMO.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    They're ok Ali but the issue isn't with the Kralks it's with me. They are very revealing and a typical monitor. A fantastic though very revealing speaker. I have become so used to listening to a floorstander with heft when i need it especially when listening to some of my "special music" the Kralks don't do. I do have the option of wiring in my subwoofer i suppose. However, i don't really want to do that. The Kralks are one of the most wide open and honest sounding speakers iv'e heard having said all that.

Just a suggestion. Put the Wharfedale Linton Heritage on the list. Nice speakers, and not overly revealing. Enough detail on top. The matching stands they come with are decent, and look nice.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Andre.

Thing with Wharfdale is they are not a company i would expect to pay a lot for a product.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Just a suggestion. Put the Wharfedale Linton Heritage on the list. Nice speakers, and not overly revealing. Enough detail on top. The matching stands they come with are decent, and look nice.

S.
    The Wharfesales won't be a million miles away from the Kralks i don't think Shane. In fact i am willing to bet the Kralks are streets ahead of the Wharfedales?

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    The Wharfesales won't be a million miles away from the Kralks i don't think Shane. In fact i am willing to bet the Kralks are streets ahead of the Wharfedales?

I can't answer that I'm afraid. I guess the Wharfedales will give a more polite presentation.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast