+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FS Ruark Paladin floorstanders

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    !!! Off Topic Alert !!!

Please forgive this off topic post Steve, apologies

Oooo - waddya think of it, Martin?Mine is still making bee-yoo-tiff-ul music!
    To tell you the truth i wasn't all that impressed initially. I was running it from a Rega dac and my Linn pre and it sounded fairly lethargic. Anywho i had a case of the what-ifs and took the pre out of the equation and used Jrivers pre amp/ bit perfect volume and BINGO WOW JEHESUS, very immediate and up and at em kinda sound - very much my thing. Now i wanna borrow a balanced Dac to try see if it sounds better than single ended, but seeing as taking the preamp out has made such a huge difference i don't know how much more it has to give.
    At the moment i'm reet chuffed and am now on a mission to replace my old Heybrooks with something a bit livlier/faster and a new dac possibly when i can shift some stuff on, but things are definately coming together.
    Cheers for the recommendation, i'd never have tried one of these in a million years if you hadn't posted, and the performance for the price is gonna' take some serious beating.
    Nice one Jerry

I'm gone.

Linn pre ... yeah, well ...

I've only ever used the Crown with my Restek pre, balanced, and that's a corker of a combo, too.
    ____

Meanwhile - glwts with the Ruarks, Steve!

I'm steve.

Are these sold then?

I'm Steve.

No. I am awaiting confirmation of a sale so they may well still be for sale.

I'm moonshine.

On my way up in t'north and snow.
    Well...its a wan for the money,two for the show......

Modded Thorens 160,Ortofon VMS30,SME3009 SII fixed headshell,Icon Audio PS1.2 phono stage with Jensen capacitor upgrade NOS Mullards,Icon Audio Stereo 60 MkII Shuguang Treasure KT88-Zs,Shuguang onion 6SN7s,Tungsol 6SL7s,Ruark Paladins Van De Hul rewired.

I'm Steve.

S O L D !
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    One of Ruark's best kept secrets. The Paladins are very musical transducers as a few of you will attest having heard them with valves at Nebo's one and two. They are in great condition having been lovingly cared for. Their performance has been further enhanced having been rewired with Kimber cable. 4VS to the high frequency and 8VS to their low frequency drivers. Unfortunately i do not have the manufactures cartons anymore so pick up from Teesside would be preferred. Please get in touch if you would like to know more about them or want to arrange a demo. £370

I'm moonshine.

It is official. My neighbours has issued a fatwa against you. Well worth a six hour journey in a white van. A veritable pleasure doing business witchu.

Modded Thorens 160,Ortofon VMS30,SME3009 SII fixed headshell,Icon Audio PS1.2 phono stage with Jensen capacitor upgrade NOS Mullards,Icon Audio Stereo 60 MkII Shuguang Treasure KT88-Zs,Shuguang onion 6SN7s,Tungsol 6SL7s,Ruark Paladins Van De Hul rewired.

I'm Steve.

Thank you sir. Likewise. I was quite concerned about your return trip across the M62. I will retire to my bunker and hope to avoid the onslaught of the coming Fatwa. Glad the Paladins are doing it for you. The pair you have there are rather special. Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zombilly View Post
    It is official. My neighbours has issued a fatwa against you. Well worth a six hour journey in a white van. A veritable pleasure doing business witchu.

I'm moonshine.

I am listening to the Return Of The Kung Fu Skinhead by King Hammond as we speak,it has never sounded so fine. Return journey was fine. Until we got to five miles from Oldham,then blizzards occured. I love living on teh Penines,we gets proper weather. Tho global warming has ruined winter for me,I can remember snow drifts that literally covered my house up to the roof. Now that was weather. The North. It will rise again.

I'm Steve.

wish i still had these mothers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast