+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's make a new James Bond movie!

I'm Sam.

It now allows people to make films faithful to the novels and get away from all the sillyness of the films. A complete re-start for Bond, more grounded in real life perhaps. New novels can be written on the same theme as the original bond and turned in to great movies. Get back to the 1960s too, cold war etc stop trying to make Bond current.

They'd be more thrillers than action movies though I guess. All other James Bond merchandise is also now fair game, as long as it's all based on the novels, not the films. Could be a mini industry popping up. Sell the house and invest in some Ian Flemming's James Bond merch designs..

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    I didn't mind Skyfall, it had a distinctly British flavour and the fact it was the highest grossing of any of the more recent movies shows they must be doing something right.

Poor old m though. I quite liked Judy Dench in that role. It was the villain I thought was ridiculous. Most bond villains are a bit camp to start with but that chap was terrible.

I thought le chiffre and the chap in quantum were far more plausible.

Money is on either Tom Hardy or Idris Elba to take on the role after Craig's next outing. Both would be excellent.
    Idris would be spot on for the role IMHO.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Andrei.

I vote Marco for Oddjob
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    I vote Marco for Oddjob
    More like Goldfinger I think.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Sam.

Oddjob is under MGM's copyright everywhere. Only the books which are public domain.

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    More like Goldfinger I think.
    MonitorGold-fingerer ?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    It now allows people to make films faithful to the novels and get away from all the sillyness of the films. A complete re-start for Bond, more grounded in real life perhaps. New novels can be written on the same theme as the original bond and turned in to great movies. Get back to the 1960s too, cold war etc stop trying to make Bond current.

They'd be more thrillers than action movies though I guess. All other James Bond merchandise is also now fair game, as long as it's all based on the novels, not the films. Could be a mini industry popping up. Sell the house and invest in some Ian Flemming's James Bond merch designs..
    I agree that would be a good way to go. I was watching Funeral In Berlin the other week. Current setting when it was made but it now plays as a perfect period-piece. Brilliant contrast with the modernity of West Berlin (Templehoff etc) and the ruins and stagnation of East Berlin. Great direction and acting, gritty reality, no silliness. On the other hand, I don't know who has read the books recently but they can be quite silly, Goldfinger in particular is absurd in places.

Having said that my all time favourite Bond is The Spy Who Loved Me. Alan Partridge agrees
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

When young my favourite was you only live twice....i went to the cinema twice so must have been good
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12