+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best headphones with 7520 or Caiman

Quote Originally Posted by Shanedudddy2 View Post
    Went with Denon d2000's, they are on their way =)
    Didnt really figure it was going all out, just need good enough quality for work
    Seeing how people have had good results with D5000's, I`m hoping the 2000's will be a similar case, anyone got any good opamp recommendations for em? currently got lm4562's in.
    I'm sure you'll be pleased with the D2000s - based on the fact they seem to be very similar to the D5000, and I'm very happy with mine. You will definitely have more bass than with the K701s - the D5000 has a good deep bass for headphones, but not at the expense of the rest of the sound.

I've still got the standard (for the Caiman) lm4562s in, and I don't feel any need to replace them - the D5000s and the Caiman seem to be made for each other ... at least to my ears Hope you have fun with them!

Simon
    Last edited by Simon P; 15-09-2009 at 16:08.

Well these sound really good imo, definitely think I will sell k701's, theres no need for them, these sound better with the 7520, and are closed cans, goodbye hard to drive 701's...means more money to spend on awesome speakers when I move out ...or I guess house deposit lol nah speakers..gotta get my priorities straight! ^_^

I'm Abe.

I've got one of these for late night listening.
    Neutral, with tuneful bass and is not as lean sounding as other overrated brands/model

Audio Technica ATH M50
    - USD123 from Amazon -

This IMO is the StanDac equivalent in the Headphone world..
    Last edited by aBe; 28-09-2009 at 09:22.

Some of the Audio Technica headphones are also sold under the Denon brand name.

Anyone tried one of these Grado Extension leads?

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headpho...sion+Cable.htm

I am in my flat now. If I had the extension, I could listen on my new balcony!
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123