+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Royal Mail, what a joke organisation!!!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

OK, maybe they do deserve some criticism . . . sent a Large Letter packet today, which I had stamped up at home and weighed to check it was the right postage. When I asked for a certificate of posting the cashier printed it out, but held it back and asked me what the value was, it went like this;

A - Its ten pounds
    Q - Its not cash is it?
    A - No, a CD
    Q -You know its not covered
    A - What do you mean
    Q - Well the proof of posting isn't worth anything, it just proves you gave it to me
    A - (Duh) Yes, I know that, to cover for loss compensation
    Q - Well you don't get any cover unless you pay for recorded delivery
    A - Yes you do, up to twenty pounds
    Q - No, all it proves is you gave it to me - it you want cover you will need to buy recorded delivery
    She was still holding back the certificate, almost as if she was trying to ransom me into buying a signed for service
    A - Can I please have the certificate of posting?
    She then gave me a very shitty look and handed it over.

For those that don't know, she was wrong - standard UK 1st & 2nd class mail is covered for loss up to a maximum of £20.00 and refund of postage costs, if you can provide proof of posting and value. If you can't they give you 6 x 1st Class Stamps. Recorded or Signed for delivery as it is now called, ups this value to £50.00.

So Chris, I spoke too soon and she really pissed me off, as she was either very ill informed or deliberately trying to sell me something I didn't want and hadn't asked for, either way she wasn't doing her job properly. She was very abrasive in her manner too and most people would have probably felt pressured into buying a signed for service - absolutely not on
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Geoff.

Well done mate!

I don't put up with that kind of crap either.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andr'e.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    You pay peanuts → you get monkeys
    So what the hell has that got to do with a delivery person not following company guidelines,regardless of how much he gets paid? I get paid £3 an hour less than the bloke who does exactly the same job in the place down the road but i still do my job in a professional manner & how my gaffer wants it doing.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    OK, maybe they do deserve some criticism . . . sent a Large Letter packet today, which I had stamped up at home and weighed to check it was the right postage. When I asked for a certificate of posting the cashier printed it out, but held it back and asked me what the value was, it went like this;

A - Its ten pounds
    Q - Its not cash is it?
    A - No, a CD
    Q -You know its not covered
    A - What do you mean
    Q - Well the proof of posting isn't worth anything, it just proves you gave it to me
    A - (Duh) Yes, I know that, to cover for loss compensation
    Q - Well you don't get any cover unless you pay for recorded delivery
    A - Yes you do, up to twenty pounds
    Q - No, all it proves is you gave it to me - it you want cover you will need to buy recorded delivery
    She was still holding back the certificate, almost as if she was trying to ransom me into buying a signed for service
    A - Can I please have the certificate of posting?
    She then gave me a very shitty look and handed it over.

For those that don't know, she was wrong - standard UK 1st & 2nd class mail is covered for loss up to a maximum of £20.00 and refund of postage costs, if you can provide proof of posting and value. If you can't they give you 6 x 1st Class Stamps. Recorded or Signed for delivery as it is now called, ups this value to £50.00.

So Chris, I spoke too soon and she really pissed me off, as she was either very ill informed or deliberately trying to sell me something I didn't want and hadn't asked for, either way she wasn't doing her job properly. She was very abrasive in her manner too and most people would have probably felt pressured into buying a signed for service - absolutely not on
    All post office counters do it dude. The 2kg one is the best, anything over 2kg costs an arm and a leg, I cringe when I go in and some idiot is talked into paying £25 to send a parcel special delivery because it weighs over 2kg.

They are sales people, they have to sell and try to get the customers who don't know any better to spend more.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    All post office counters do it dude. The 2kg one is the best, anything over 2kg costs an arm and a leg, I cringe when I go in and some idiot is talked into paying £25 to send a parcel special delivery because it weighs over 2kg.

They are sales people, they have to sell and try to get the customers who don't know any better to spend more.
    Not all. The post office counter I use has very helpful women in it who will do all they can to get you the best value you can. The main P O is not so good. One of the reasons I drive the extra few miles. Also I can get parked close
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    All post office counters do it dude.
    It's the first time I have encountered it to be honest and I post a fair bit (not as much as you mind). I do understand though, that yes, the hard sell has now arrived at the Post Office counter. What got me annoyed is the fact she was trying to hold me to ransom and actually gave factually incorrect information, either through deceit or incompetence.

Hey ho, the times we live in I guess. Just got to suck it up and make sure the bastards don't have you over
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345