Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wyvern DL-103R

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    A ZU 103R is advertised for £430 on PFM

Going the DIY way has a good saving , well done

Looks straight forward on the youtube video
    Thanks
    There are several grades of the Zu-Dl103R's depending on the channel balance - the cheapest "standard" ones (2%) going up to the primes (0.1%).
    http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin..._dl_103_mc.htm

I reckon I got an even better bargain as the standard Dl-103R I bought has perfect channel balance so I ended up with a Wyvern Dl-103R prime

Yes, the opening up is straight forward enough - just need to pay close attention to not touching the internal wires when handling after removing the plastic case - especially when doing the little bit of filing on the front edge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always a little further

I'm Mika.

Interesting thread.

I have the ZU DL-103 grade 2 (0,4%) and have been really happy to its performance. The difference to stock one is pretty big according to the few comparisons I've been doing with friends. Lately have had it unused but hopefully soon I get it back to my system with suitable tonearm and the matching A23 SUT
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Mike.

What sort of loading are you using with the 103R;
    Ive had both a Nude 103 with a paratrace, and a MIDAS 103R with saphire/paratrace and its taken some time and faffing to get the R to my liking. Currently using some external Art Audio SUTs (set to 50 ohms) and a modified Vinyl One...

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Adams View Post
    What sort of loading are you using with the 103R;
    Ive had both a Nude 103 with a paratrace, and a MIDAS 103R with saphire/paratrace and its taken some time and faffing to get the R to my liking. Currently using some external Art Audio SUTs (set to 50 ohms) and a modified Vinyl One...
    Hi Mike,
    I am using a Croft M/C valve headamp not a SUT so no loading issues. Sound is truly stunning. I did briefly try it with my (for sale) Dynavector SUP-SUT which looking at the figures is supposed to be a good match but compared to the Croft it sounded flat and "recessed".
    Steve
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12