+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hello i need some help please

I'm matthew.

Default hello i need some help please

these are some crossover from ruark sabre mk2 speakers .

i need some help on choosing upgrade parts so i can rebuild them and sqeeze out some more performance
    IMG_0023.jpgIMG_0025.jpgIMG_0027.jpg

I'm Geoff.

Hi Matthew. Welcome to AOS.

You've not gone about this quite as expected. In the joining guidelines you'll see that we like an intro from you telling us a bit about yourself and your Hi-Fi system. You can tell us about your music likes as well. Please add more info. Thanks.

I see you've started a thread in Blank Canvas about your speakers. Good move.

Enjoy yourself here,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Deleted.

The large component is an inductor, the two blue ones are capacitors and the three rectangular grey ones are wire wound resistors. The component values of the capacitors and resistors will be written on them.
    Account Deleted

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Matthew.

Geoff.

I'm Graeme.

[QUOTE=rigers24;610119]these are some crossover from ruark sabre mk2 speakers .

i need some help on choosing upgrade parts so i can rebuild them and sqeeze out some more performance

You will get a lot of different opinions, but for what it's worth I'd replace the resistors with equivilent value Mills resistors (the resistance should be exactly the same as the printed values on the ones in your crossover - but the same or higher wattage is OK). I'd also change the capacitors for something like the ClarityCap ESR or MR range (depends on how much you are prepared to spend) again it's important to get the correct capacitance value as printed on your original caps, but the same or higher voltage is OK). I'd probably leave the inductor as it is at the moment.

Hope that helps.

I'm matthew.

Default Info

hello members my name is matthew im 31 from lowestoft (uk)
    ive been into hifi since i was around 13 of and on

my setup as follows .
    Amplifier---- yamaha A-s500
    Cd ----Technics SL-P770
    Equaliser --- Technics SH-GE70
    Turntable --- pro Ject Debut mk3
    Phono Preamp - - Little Bear T10-Pro 12AX7
    Headphone - preamp --- Little Dot Mk3
    Speakers --- mission m33i , Ruark sabre

I'm matthew.

I would also like to mention that i have a rogers ravensbrook amp that was modified by a guy on this forum . Thats how i found this forum trying too find out whats been modified on the amp cant remeber his username something tubeHunter

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    You will get a lot of different opinions, but for what it's worth I'd replace the resistors with equivilent value Mills resistors (the resistance should be exactly the same as the printed values on the ones in your crossover - but the same or higher wattage is OK). I'd also change the capacitors for something like the ClarityCap ESR or MR range (depends on how much you are prepared to spend) again it's important to get the correct capacitance value as printed on your original caps, but the same or higher voltage is OK). I'd probably leave the inductor as it is at the moment.

Hope that helps.
    That's what I would recommend too.
    Account Deleted

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by rigers24 View Post
    I would also like to mention that i have a rogers ravensbrook amp that was modified by a guy on this forum . Thats how i found this forum trying too find out whats been modified on the amp cant remeber his username something tubeHunter
    We do have a member with that user ID Matthew. If you look at the top of the homepage you'll see the 'Community' dropdown list. The member list is in there. You can send him a PM (personal message) about the Ravensbrook if you choose (assuming it's the right guy).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm matthew.

here are the list of caps and resistors

expotus 11w 3.3 ohm J
    '' '' 10w 10 ohm j
    '' '' 10w 4.7 ohm J

you say use mills as they are good ( are they wire wound resistor or non inductive resistors

also the caps i have no idea what they are im puzzled

ALCAP 8mfd , 50 vnp 10 % LL

ALCAP 12 mfd , 50vnp 10 %

can anyone help what sort of caps and resistors they are

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast