+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sennheiser HD 650 Replacement Cable

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Cotter View Post
    He obviously doesn't know what he's doing and doesn't even test them!
    A bit harsh I think Darren. OK one channel doesn't work and you're frustrated (maybe somethings happened in transit) but at least give the guy a chance to fix it. He clearly says that any problems he will sort out FOC (I should imagine that includes your postage costs) but I fail to see how he can do that if you cant even be bothered to contact him.

I and others on here, have had very positive results from his cables and I feel that a public statement like yours is very unfair when you haven't even spoken to him about it !!

Surely, whatever the product, its both common sense and courteous to contact the seller for a resolution to a problem, before publicly dissing them. Comments like yours can be very damaging to a small business, trying to offer an honest vfm service .... mistakes do happen, its how they're resolved that counts.

Steve
    Last edited by steve s; 26-01-2015 at 14:59.
    By Day Dell Precision M650 laptop into a Rega DAC via a Beresford Asynch... Teac PD-H500 CD player
    Musical Fidelity M3i integrated amp powering dMarKen7.3 mini onken's via TQ Black's (IAS Beaulieu speakers 'in reserve')
    By Night Sennheiser HD600's fed by a Lehmann Black Cube Linear headphone amp
    Out and about Fiio X5 music player/DAC and Ultimate Ears triple fi 10 pro iem's

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have only recently found out that mine was wired with the channels inversed (for the colour of the plugs), but as they fit both sides, I put up with it.
    Just checked mine after seeing your post and it is the same, Red plug needs to go to the LH side.
    Well, that's if I'm right in thinking that on the Coldplay album, Parachutes, the first track starts with the guitar playing from the LH side. Can someone confirm please.

I'm Kevin.

Yep, LH side first.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Yep, LH side first.
    Thanks Kevin!

I'm Steve.

Hmmm interesting, hadn't noticed ...... haven't actually checked mine but I will do tonight .... if mine's the same, I'll email him and point it out to him. That way he'll know for the future.

Steve
    By Day Dell Precision M650 laptop into a Rega DAC via a Beresford Asynch... Teac PD-H500 CD player
    Musical Fidelity M3i integrated amp powering dMarKen7.3 mini onken's via TQ Black's (IAS Beaulieu speakers 'in reserve')

I'm Kevin.

I already gave him some feedback.
    He offered to fix them, but it seemed like a lot of hassle with international postage etc.
    Kevin

I'm Steve.

Just checked mine and the guitar on Don't Panic starts on the left, corresponding with the black plug. So it seems that my one's ok

I'll still drop him a line and let him know there's been problems.... feel kinda responsible as it was me who recommended him. Other than this (and Darren's faulty one) is everyone happy overall with the upgrade ? .... starting to wish I'd kept schtum !!

I'm Kevin.

I'm happy with mine. I can live with the wrong colour plug in the appropriate sides of the headphones.
    Kevin

I'm tony.

checked mine they are fine direction wise. The only problem I encountered was the heat shrink on the headphone plugs was a bit too long making them prone to a poor fit....trimmed 3mm off and the plug locates nice and securely. Good sounding cable IMHO-I would struggle to assemble the components for the money paid never mind assembling/soldering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123