+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hagerman FryBaby Cable Burn-In Device

I'm Hugo.

Default Hagerman FryBaby Cable Burn-In Device

http://hagerman-audio-labs.myshopify...n-in-generator

I do believe that cables settle down and improve with use, particularly those with new solder joints. This little Hagerman gadget looks to me like something worth having in the accessories box. Has anyone out there tried one?

I'm Neil.

Nope never tried one, but at the same time this product is from a real engineer and not some foo peddler. Huge respect for Hagerman products am currently using a Bugle 2 and previously used a HagUSB.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Hugo.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Nope never tried one, but at the same time this product is from a real engineer and not some foo peddler. Huge respect for Hagerman products am currently using a Bugle 2 and previously used a HagUSB.
    +1 being a user (and assembler) of the Bugle 2 and Cornet 3. That makes it more of a surprise to me to see such a respected engineer going down the cable "burn in" device selling route (ducks below battlements and looks for escape hatch...)

I'm Deleted.

I'm afraid I agree - what exactly does it do to achieve this cable 'burn in'?
    Account Deleted

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    So other cable burners were just cobbled together by elves in shoe boxes were they?

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    http://hagerman-audio-labs.myshopify...n-in-generator

I do believe that cables settle down and improve with use, particularly those with new solder joints. This little Hagerman gadget looks to me like something worth having in the accessories box. Has anyone out there tried one?
    I own a nordost vidar but its only used for new sold cables, why would anyone want a cable burner for personal use un-less they change their cables as often as their underpants?

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    I own a nordost vidar but its only used for new sold cables, why would anyone want a cable burner for personal use un-less they change their cables as often as their underpants?
    Because I've been making up my own cables recently; and this thing is cheap enough to take a punt. As stated earlier, I remain convinced about cable running-in effects, so this is a small Christmas present to myself.

I'm Phil.

how much is it then ?
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Hugo.

$219 ready built, or $169 in kit form. It's on Hagerman's website.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast