+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (Cheap) Mains Conditioner

I'm Abe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    As Neil suggested in the other thread (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2400) and born out by aBe above, I moved the amp from the Tacima conditioner last night (it had always been plugged into it since purchase) into unfiltered (but still surge protected) mains - difficult to be sure (because for the first time in ages I have the house to myself, and the volume has therefore gone up...) but it is sounding much more open, particularly the treble which also sounds less metallic, I think. Will try swapping back and a/b the same album to see for sure, but at the moment would concurr that the amp is best left unfiltered.
    Hi Alex,

Mine is Creek 4330 MKII with remote control.
    So far, it's the best amp that I've owned. Very warm and plays music with full emotion. (despite its looks and price)

I have tried several permutations of power supply connection, i.e. amp -Tacima-Mains, amp-AVR-Mains, amp-Tacima-AVR-Mains..you name it.
    But I still come back to direct power connection to Mains outlet.

However, there's still one more 'affordable' tweak that I'd like to try - that is replacing the existing IEC socket say...with Tyco RFI Filtered IEC ones, and perhaps the power cord to a Belden unit too.

Hope that you'll succeed in finding the best way to make your Creek sounds better as well..

I'm Phil.

i use a sigmas mains conditioner and it makes a big difference. i was without it recently while it had an upgrade and boy did i notice it.
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123