+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard the Musical Fidelity M6 si ?

I'm Roy.

Default Anyone heard the Musical Fidelity M6 si ?

Has anyone had a listen / own one of these ?

On paper it sounds rather a good piece of kit, plenty of grunt with a great soundstage and not overly bright...

I'm Tom.

We have a recently joined member called Peter Haynes who owns the MF M6i so perhaps you could drop him a Private Message for his opinions?

I'm peter.

Hello Roy
    I have the M6i - something not right in my system(+amp was faulty, due to get it back tomorrow) See posts on forum Will update all in a week or so time
    Peter

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The main issue with any MF product is MF! I shall say no more.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Andrei.

Hi Roy
    Not much help I'm afraid as although I have heard the M6 it has only been a dealers shop. It sounded sounded pretty darn decent pushing Focal speakers. However IMHO speakers and amps should not be considered in isolation - and indeed Peter's situation may be an example of this. The short answer is that MF is fine but it may depend on your other kit.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Roy.

Thanks Andrei - I'm just getting back into hifi again , and I'm now using a Gyrodec / Alphason HR100s-MCS / Ortofon MC3 Turbo or Roksan Kandy CD, with Monitor Audio RS6 speakers. Current amps are an Audio Innovations Series 500 or Roksan Kandy.

I'm Roy.

Going to Maidstone to have a listen tomorrow - I'm slightly nervous, as previously I was dealing with someone who I knew well and let me have home demos, but he's retired now and it seems that's not so common these days...

I'm Steve.

I've got an MF M3i and its a wonderful amp and I'm very happy with it. Lots of power and very detailed and refined. Should imagine the M6 is the same just more of..
    By Day Dell Precision M650 laptop into a Rega DAC via a Beresford Asynch... Teac PD-H500 CD player
    Musical Fidelity M3i integrated amp powering dMarKen7.3 mini onken's via TQ Black's (IAS Beaulieu speakers 'in reserve')
    By Night Sennheiser HD600's fed by a Lehmann Black Cube Linear headphone amp
    Out and about Fiio X5 music player/DAC and Ultimate Ears triple fi 10 pro iem's

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfbat View Post
    Thanks Andrei - I'm just getting back into hifi again , and I'm now using a Gyrodec / Alphason HR100s-MCS / Ortofon MC3 Turbo or Roksan Kandy CD, with Monitor Audio RS6 speakers. Current amps are an Audio Innovations Series 500 or Roksan Kandy.

The AI 500's are the lesser of the two evils you have as amps I think. I found the original Kandy a horrible thing, all PA brute punchy force and absolutely no music coming out at all. Apparently the K2 was a huge improvement. At least the AI 500 is a velvety musical little thing, although I find it a little too 'velvet' for my own tastes.

I'm worried that you seem to be a dedicated Sevenoaks type of customer? There's a lot of other stuff around and these days, I reckon Richer Sounds could get you better knowledge levels of staff and possibly a better sound as well. Just saying like..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Steve.

I had a listen to this amp and thought it sounded pretty good. It just doesn't look the money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast