+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: LS3/5a

I'm Shane.

BUMP.

S.

I'm Tony.

I'm amazed that these speakers are still here, certainly if I hadn't just bought a pair of Harbeth P3s then I would have snapped these up cause I know who made them and I'm pretty sure that they will be at least as good as the Harbeths.

GLWTS

Tony

I'm Shane.

Typical AOS post

Anyway, provisionally sold.

S.

I'm Shane.

SOLD.

S.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Typical AOS post

Anyway, provisionally sold.

S.
    What's a trypical AOS post?

If your referring to my post above then I was only trying to help mate, I'll remember not to bother my arse the next time.

I'm James.

Shane's cranky 'cos its Christmas

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Tony, the P3's will always be smoother if nothing else, because the 3/5A with original drive units does have certain 'qualities' which identify it and give it its character. I'm not criticising, but I HAVE been able to directly compare the 11 ohm Harbeth 3/5A's to the P3's in their early days.

Having said the above, the original 15 ohm LS3/5A's did have something about them that was lost in 80's production I understand (and probably lost now due to old age). KEF did change the B110 a lot over the years I remember, intentionally or otherwise
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    Shane's cranky 'cos its Christmas
    There's cranky and downright rude James.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Tony, the P3's will always be smoother if nothing else, because the 3/5A with original drive units does have certain 'qualities' which identify it and give it its character. I'm not criticising, but I HAVE been able to directly compare the 11 ohm Harbeth 3/5A's to the P3's in their early days.

Having said the above, the original 15 ohm LS3/5A's did have something about them that was lost in 80's production I understand (and probably lost now due to old age). KEF did change the B110 a lot over the years I remember, intentionally or otherwise
    Thanks David, they P3s really are wonderful speakers, sometimes they just completely grab you when your not even thinking about the music, I've never had that with any speaker before.

Also, I think AS is totally correct when he says stands and amps don't matter, I've been listening to the speakers with the Denon integrated that I have for sale and they sound as good as they did with the XTZ integrated amp, different but not nasty or Shouty.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I have a current issue with AS and it came to a head recently. I don't believe ANY two amps measure the same - hell, no two Naims (or any amp sharing the same amp boards) measure quite the same despite using the same amp circuit board, due to power supply changes.

Certainly, the speakers are the weakest link in the chain, coupled with most of our listening rooms and these two factors alone can make or break any audio setup in my opinion. To dismiss sources and amps as religiously as AS does and to challenge my expertise in matching the gear I sold at the time as deluded rankles somewhat, as I KNOW that domestic amps and sources can affect the sound of the speakers being played in both subtle and obvious ways as 'we' all know...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast