+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pink Triangle LPT GTI power supply board

I'm Michael.

I always suggest people visit the FF/Pink Triangle forum at VinylEngine. There is a wealth of info and many very experienced PT owners.
    I was very fortunate in picking up a used vector converted PT1 on t'|Bay and I think the biggest improvement was from the power supply. Hugely expensive for what it is
    but I'm sure an equivalent could be constructed for £150. It provided rock solid speed stability with all it's sonic benefits.
    My personal experience was that when I moved from my LPT to my first PT1 the sound stage just exploded and I wouldn't personally spend that much on the former. I know that
    many rate the LPT very highly but the magic started with the PT1 for me. The vectored conversion is a huge improvement on that.

I'm Simon.

Default Pink Triangle LPT-GTi PSU problem

Hi everyone

I know this has (sort of) been covered above but for a while now I have had to spin my PT LPT-GTi turntable by hand to get it going but thereafter it runs to within its design specification for speed. However, it is definitely getting worse and, I assume, at some point will refuse to run altogether.

I am tempted by a Heed Orbit 2 as it is easy to fit, but can anyone confirm that the Heed PSU would solve the problem and also (hopefully) give an improvement is SQ too?

I don't really have the time, equipment or expertise to look at DC motor replacements like OL, Funk Firm etc..so I would take a lot of persuading that the benefits of DC motors are worthwhile but these and all other options/opinions will be gratefully considered too!

Thanks

Smed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123